Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/9/2018 at 6:50 AM, qg_omega said:

Enjoy the 50s and rain Friday and Saturday, pack will be gone for all come Sunday and this is just the beginning of the torch

All the exaggeration in that post is a bit much imo. Yes it will be 50's and raining Friday but Saturday maybe not so much now. The pack won't be gone for ALL and the 'this is just the beginning of the torch' is way too much. One day in the 50's and maybe two days is not a torch to me as expressed. Looks cold and wintery next week

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

I don't know about that...been doing fine here in Central CT for the most part.  15 inches on last weeks blizzard isn't too shabby.  While in 2015 Eastern areas got the Jackpot no doubt, but since then it's been fine in my hood.   29.5" on the season isn't so bad at this early juncture.

And we still were well above average for our areas in 2015 as well. Great winter if u do not look at Bostons totals

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

I don't know about that...been doing fine here in Central CT for the most part.  15 inches on last weeks blizzard isn't too shabby.  While in 2015 Eastern areas got the Jackpot no doubt, but since then it's been fine in my hood.   29.5" on the season isn't so bad at this early juncture.

yes you are correct, I have to stop counting you in with my area....your area has produced vastly better

I wasn't fully awake...my bad

18z GFS back on board with solid miller B next week....most guidance is on board at this point. Long ways to go still at 6 days out though. But the large scale pieces are there....we have more than enough antecedent cold, with a robust shortwave digging into a longwave trough with a very stout PNA ridge....those are good anchors to have in supporting a storm threat without having to rely on threading needles.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

18z GFS back on board with solid miller B next week....most guidance is on board at this point. Long ways to go still at 6 days out though. But the large scale pieces are there....we have more than enough antecedent cold, with a robust shortwave digging into a longwave trough with a very stout PNA ridge....those are good anchors to have in supporting a storm threat without having to rely on threading needles.

I know it shouldn’t be posted at this lead time, but since the 12z Euro was posted — 18z GFS shows similar Boston bullseye. Obviously selfishly hope the wealth can be spread back a bit west, as usual.

9A60F63C-D106-40F3-B622-AE3B5B4C9A35.gif

3 minutes ago, JKEisMan said:

I know it shouldn’t be posted at this lead time, but since the 12z Euro was posted — 18z GFS shows similar Boston bullseye. Obviously selfishly hope the wealth can be spread back a bit west, as usual.

9A60F63C-D106-40F3-B622-AE3B5B4C9A35.gif

long ways away but that almost has a developing too far north and east look....where did the nj/delmarva bombs go???

11 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

When would it be appropriate to start a thread on next week? I know 6 days is an eternity in the meteorlogical world and a lot can and probably will change but this threat seems to have some legs for a significant event. Saturday? If it's still on the models by then of course

yeah once inside of 5 days if the support is very robust, then its prob pretty typical. Sometimes we'll wait until 4 days or less if it's not very strong on guidance. This one does seem to have some good support though.

Both the 12z EURO and the 18z GFS have H5 closing off over se MA for next week....whisker south and 18 hours sooner, and we make history again.

This would be a different beast.....not going to be the immense system intensity wise that the blizzard was, but it has the potential to drop more blizzard like snowfall totals.

The ceiling is higher with this one.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Both the 12z EURO and the 18z GFS have H5 closing off over se MA for next week....whisker south and 18 hours sooner, and we make history again.

This would be a different beast.....not going to be the immense system intensity wise that the blizzard was, but it has the potential to drop more blizzard like snowfall totals.

The ceiling is higher with this one.

Potential slow mover?

16 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Potential slow mover?

Waaaaaaaaaay ahead of ourselves.....but for educational purposes, hypothetically speaking....it could slow down as H5 closes off, but I was more alluding to the rate of max intensification with regard to the mid level lows. We won't have to worry about a decaying CCB/deformation zone this go around....rather the challenge will be getting it to ignite soon enough.

Plenty of time to change.

Archived