Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t. I do enjoy talking about it though. 

Same with me. Mostly crap shoot at 2-3 month leads but you can gain some slight skill if you're really good. Guys who get about 55-60% accuracy with any type of sample size rake in some serious bank.

Anyways, weeklies def look awful for week 3/4. Hopefully they are wrong, which is def possible.   

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

There is a week of WAN but with EPO rebuilding could be very active after the thaw especially CNE, a 07/08 look again with a 93/94 mix

We would take in NNE, borderline would probably be relatively close, which at least increases the excitement.  The brutal cold and dry is fun for its novelty but becomes old quicker.  This winter has seemed to run on the colder side though, might be better leaning that way?

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Same with me. Mostly crap shoot at 2-3 month leads but you can gain some slight skill if you're really good. Guys who get about 55-60% accuracy with any type of sample size rake in some serious bank.

Anyways, weeklies def look awful for week 3/4. Hopefully they are wrong, which is def possible.   

Really?  That sucks.  Right around the 40th anniversary of '78 too.

9 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Really?  That sucks.  Right around the 40th anniversary of '78 too.

Well week 4 shows almost no skill so I wouldn't sweat it too much. Week 3 has some skill, but it's still obviously prone to huge errors.

GFS sagged back SE a bit, but still not much frozen outside of far NNE...does get some into CNE late in the storm. Though I suspect the actual amount of freezing or frozen would likely be much greater with that sfc low trying to squeeze over SE MA.

GGEM was still a healthy ice storm look. Verbatim 2m temps were kind of warm, but that is typical for that model...the synoptics scream huge ice storm on that run.

Need to keep the southern stream unphased with the northern stream to get a more wintry scenario. Not staying up for the Euro, but we'll see if it continues what 12z started hinting at.

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I buy the awful look....+EPO/RNA shift were expected mid season....I'm going to do a post on two divergent paths and a look at where we go from here tmw night, but winter should recover....just not as quickly as some think/hope.

JMHO.

I'll buy what you're selling. Everything has gone to a T wrt your winter outlook.

Warmer trends on all guidance overnight except the GFS. Not what was needed to see a wintry solution this weekend. Still time obviously but that needs to reverse fairly quickly. Too much phasing with the southern stream. Need to see it more cutoff and separate going forward.  

Archived