Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gefs showed this for days. People were saying this was different than Xmas setup and a 3 day 60 degree state cleaner.. etc etc 

It still is different...we're not avoiding the warm sector on Thursday/Friday. We're going to torch for a time. In pre-Xmas, we never got warm sectored.

This setup is dependent on sweeping through the cold front ahead of the southern stream...which could set the stage for significant winter precip.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It still is different...we're not avoiding the warm sector on Thursday/Friday. We're going to torch for a time. In pre-Xmas, we never got warm sectored.

This setup is dependent on sweeping through the cold front ahead of the southern stream...which could set the stage for significant winter precip.

I’m not sold on 2 days of 50’s. I could certainly see this going to a cold rain pre ice instead of pack wiping out torch 

Just now, dryslot said:

Could see this end up moving more towards a SWFE if we can get that cold to press even sooner then modeled. Which seems to have been the case this winter already as its gets under modeled until we get closer to the event.

It is definitely still within the envelope of solutions...but we need the trend to continue with no setbacks tonight. We are going to be inside of 4 days by tomorrow.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m not sold on 2 days of 50’s. I couid certainly see this going to cold rain pre ice 

I'm not sure how long 50s will happen, but we're getting them. We won't avoid them in this setup unless there is a catastrophic model failure. My guess is we get pretty torchy by Thursday evening and stay that way all day Friday. I suppose if it rains, we could "cool down" to like a 46-49F rain. But same difference. It's a torch for 2nd week of January and a snow eater.

Yeah it doesn't really matter the details right now. That could show anyone south of CON above freezing on the next run easily. The fact that it made a large scale change with the high pressing down ahead of the wave coming up from the south is all you need to know right now.

Archived