SnowHabit
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, klw said:

J Edgar Hoover storm?

One of my favorite storms was MLK day in 94.  We got 17 inches in S. Royalton Vt in short order.  Only downside was that my keys fell out of a hole in my jacket pocket while I was crossing the village green.  They were not seen again until early May when the last of the snow melted and a housemate spotted them.

How about a metal detector?  I had to do that one year when my son left something out.  I borrowed a metal detector and viola!

what do we want to look for in order to have a colder look?

From what I can gather it seems like this run had the vortex north of Hudson bay displaced south a little which acted to compress the flow more than the 0z run. Added confluence seemed to result in strong surface high / push of low lvl cold air.

2 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

what do we want to look for in order to have a colder look?

From what I can gather it seems like this run had the vortex north of Hudson bay displaced south a little which acted to compress the flow more than the 0z run. Added confluence seemed to result in strong surface high / push of low lvl cold air.

A slower southern stream will also help I think...it allows the cold to just keep filtering down before we see an attempt at warm air advection aloft (eventually coming closer tot he surface)

Archived