joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All seems pretty meh overall 

Geez look at all that ridging at high latitudes.  What about that trough off the west coast?  does it finally dislodge the ridging Jan 18-19?  Or just cut under it?  I don't know how to interpret that loop at all but I see a lot of signs of ridging at the pole -AO?  and -EPO.  Still nothing in Greenland.

By the way, from the earlier discussion...I wasn't in denial about a thaw, even a torch at some point.  I was just saying that we get a couple warm days this week and then an event this weekend that could be frozen for CNE NNE, and then the true thaw.  I was also speculating though about what the pattern shifts to post thaw.

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

By the way, from the earlier discussion...I wasn't in denial about a thaw, even a torch at some point.  I was just saying that we get a couple warm days this week and then an event this weekend that could be frozen for CNE NNE, and then the true thaw.  I was also speculating though about what the pattern shifts to post thaw.

I'm pretty sure Scoot was referring to Kevin melting and not you.

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let’s get a solid forecast from you so we know your thoughts and can grade when done.

How warm will the torch be and duration 

and how much snow left?

Finite numbers 

interesting though this is how we could wind up way above normal precip and still slightly below temp wise as was forecast weeks ago....esp if next weekend just turns into a colder rain storm....even after with a few days into the 50s there is a lot of ground to make up to even be average with the past two weeks -15 to -25

still was a solid run of winter while it lasted

6 hours ago, dryslot said:

My bad luck is rubbing off on you, Glad it didn't fall on someone, Yikes.

Yea man that's where the big dog usually lies. Took all morning, switching wiring to a new breaker after the old one fried too. Ceiling fans suck installing . The old one actually had vibrated off the base after 15 years. So lucky no one was hurt.  

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea man that's where the big dog usually lies. Took all morning, switching wiring to a new breaker after the old one fried too. Ceiling fans suck installing . The old one actually had vibrated off the base after 15 years. So lucky no one was hurt.  

One word.  Electrician.  Too much time spent fixing something someone else is better trained for.

we had ceiling fans in our old home.  Removed and ceilings fixed for our open house when we were staging the place for a sale.

28 minutes ago, weathafella said:

One word.  Electrician.  Too much time spent fixing something someone else is better trained for.

we had ceiling fans in our old home.  Removed and ceilings fixed for our open house when we were staging the place for a sale.

It fried the breaker which controls the computer room, good luck getting an electrician on a Sunday luckily we have many skills and many friends well TB

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

It fried the breaker which controls the computer room, good luck getting an electrician on a Sunday luckily we have many skills and many friends well TB

Loss of Internet-that’s a different story!  I’d have to bring someone in though or I’d risk electrocution.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Euro actually to me looks like a snowstorm would pop next Sunday based on upper air features. 

Looks like we don’t avoid a signficant warm-up (above freezing) on Thurs and Friday but the weak shortwave responsible for some of the warm-up looks to lay the foundation for a Canadian High to begin working its way in behind it and out ahead of a much stronger system on Saturday.

I don’t  like the euro’s look much. But the and GEPS, GEFS and EPS looks promising for a widespread signficant wintry event next weekend, especially in NNE. 

Archived