Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Queens gonna queen. Pete repete every year. I look at day 7 evolution as a signal, others lay down rain snow lines, qpf maxes and minimums. 

Sorry, I'll try not to analyze individual model runs in the model thread.

Perhaps you should start a pinned psychosis thread?

Still 7 days out...very nice signal, but I've seen signals this good turn to garbage too. Just keep that in mind. We had one for Feb 9, 2014 that looked exceptional at about 6 days lead and it completely whiffed...we don't really recall it that much though because we got hit big on Feb 5-6 and Feb 13-14 that same month. But we almost squeezed in a monster between the two.

Anyways, gotta like the overall longwave look though.

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Thank you.  2010 was a ****ty year medically for me, so it was likely #forgettable.  Looks like ~10" of mashed potatoes fell.

17 according to the Box text. I was going to say you probably were under your Lymphoma mess but choose beer instead. But that's an excuse no one can argue with, so happy you beat that sh it

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sorry, I'll try not to analyze individual model runs in the model thread.

Perhaps you should start a pinned psychosis thread?

What's a lock is you have never said that to Will or Scott when they say it about QPF queens, obj is obv, go write a soliloquy you will feel better

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Still 7 days out...very nice signal, but I've seen signals this good turn to garbage too. Just keep that in mind. We had one for Feb 9, 2014 that looked exceptional at about 6 days lead and it completely whiffed...we don't really recall it that much though because we got hit big on Feb 5-6 and Feb 13-14 that same month. But we almost squeezed in a monster between the two.

Anyways, gotta like the overall longwave look though.

I remember that one. And plenty of others.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

17 according to the Box text. I was going to say you probably were under your Lymphoma mess but choose beer instead. But that's an excuse no one can argue with, so happy you beat that sh it

You also need to keep in mind that this area has seen a crap ton of 10"+ storms over the last decade so they're easy to forget.  Get up around 20"+and they become memorable.

Also, while under control currently, it will never be gone/beat.  It's chronic.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Let’s see what it looks like Sunday.

Im pretty sure this weekend storm, which is now fighting to clear advisory level, was a big storm on some models not to long ago.

thinks change quick

Yes it was...but in fairness, it never had the longwave support that this one had...this weekend was always trying to be a miller B New England special. This one has some teleconnection support and stronger cross-model support. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, but I'd give it a better shot at surviving the D4-5 hurdle than the this weekend's storm.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What's a lock is you have never said that to Will or Scott when they say it about QPF queens, obj is obv, go write a soliloquy you will feel better

When they tell me not to have reasonabke QPF expectations when mid level lows are modeled west, I sure will.

You bet.

Classic Steve...cherry pick an example and use it out of context.  They say don't worry about QPF when mid levels are EAST.

Clown.

Archived