SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTV has my initial reaction too about the Arctic air and storm tracks but they may be like me and hung over from 2013-2016 with the if it's cold it's congrats East mentality .

Gonna be deep Winter up here this week with probably around 18" on the ground after tomorrow (12" concrete now, plus hopefully 6" tomorrow) so no complaints to spread the wealth.  

"As the flow becomes slightly more meridional towards the weekend, a better chance exists for the development of coastal surface lows that will track near the East Coast. However, with such cold air remaining over the north country through the end of the week, it looks like the better baroclinic zone and general storm track could remain to our south and our east. This pattern would keep any coastal storms that do develop well to our south before tracking east/northeast into the Atlantic Ocean, without any major impacts to our forecast area. However, if the Arctic High Breaks down earlier than expected, the potential for any developing coastal storms to track closer to the northeast US next weekend would increase. &&"

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

BTV has my initial reaction too about the Arctic air and storm tracks but they may be like me and hung over from 2013-2016 with the if it's cold it's congrats East mentality .

Gonna be deep Winter up here this week with probably around 18" on the ground after tomorrow (12" concrete now, plus hopefully 6" tomorrow) so no complaints to spread the wealth.  

"As the flow becomes slightly more meridional towards the weekend, a better chance exists for the development of coastal surface lows that will track near the East Coast. However, with such cold air remaining over the north country through the end of the week, it looks like the better baroclinic zone and general storm track could remain to our south and our east. This pattern would keep any coastal storms that do develop well to our south before tracking east/northeast into the Atlantic Ocean, without any major impacts to our forecast area. However, if the Arctic High Breaks down earlier than expected, the potential for any developing coastal storms to track closer to the northeast US next weekend would increase. &&"

That thinking is a good first assumption--it's where I am at this point. Let's see if it's the right second and third.

Archived