Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to get to off topic...but we never dry slotted in 78.  And while Feb 13 had more snow, 78 wins in the duration of blizzard conditions(hours and hours), and the drifts were insane.  And it snowed most of the next day.  The ferocity/duration  of 78 stands out to me...thing was relentless here.

Ok back on topic.

OK, this is banter but back when my wife and I skied all the time we'd be out there no matter how cold but we did find our limit at Lake Placid one time when it was 27 below in the morning, another story ending up with bobsleds and luges.  Cold days were nice because the crowds were thinner.  We had a big warmup one weekend and it was well into the 40s and sunny up at Gore Mountain, we were in the lift line and commenting on how many people came out.  The guy in front of us on brand new Stocklis and old clothes patched with duct tape turned to us and muttered "Man, I like ten degree days a whole lot better."  We laughed.

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Not to get to off topic...but we never dry slotted in 78.  And while Feb 13 had more snow, 78 wins in the duration of blizzard conditions(hours and hours), and the drifts were insane.  And it snowed most of the next day.  The ferocity/duration  of 78 stands out to me...thing was relentless here.

Ok back on topic.

Just to be clear.....are you talking about Southington, CT?  And for me I go back and forth between which I prefer/like better about any snow storm - total amount of snow vs. blizzy conditions.......wind always sort of ruins the pile up effect as it leaves some surfaces bare and others just mauled.......I am a pack junkie so I loved Feb 2013....that was epic.....ok I won't bog this down any more with OT talk......

AHAHAHAHAHA......Its a xmas miracle on the GFS guys!!!! IVT sort of thing I guess.......

59 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Just to be clear.....are you talking about Southington, CT?  And for me I go back and forth between which I prefer/like better about any snow storm - total amount of snow vs. blizzy conditions.......wind always sort of ruins the pile up effect as it leaves some surfaces bare and others just mauled.......I am a pack junkie so I loved Feb 2013....that was epic.....ok I won't bog this down any more with OT talk......

AHAHAHAHAHA......Its a xmas miracle on the GFS guys!!!! IVT sort of thing I guess.......

Yes..Southington, CT... I was a month from being 10 years old.

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes..Southington, CT... I was a month from being 10 years old.

Nice!!  Its nice to get the local knowledge and since I drive through Southington every day to get to work in Cheshire its cool to know the conditions during that storm at the places am in and around every day......I wonder how 84 was during that storm....I feel like that same storm now would be handled a lot better with the better equipment and forecasting tools now.....

Archived