Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

6 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Yeah but the last half dozen runs have been leaning warmer. Sadly the only thing struggling is our chances of a white Christmas.

That’s not so...0z last night GFS had cold and snow Xmas day.  

Listen, I don’t care if there’s snow on the ground or not on Xmas day...if there is great.  But if not I’m not all upset about that either.  Lots of cOld and action coming in right after Xmas..even if it ends up being a warm one.  

I’m not convinced Xmas is gonna be mild yet though...time will tell.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s not so...0z last night GFS had cold and snow Xmas day.  

Listen, I don’t care if there’s snow on the ground or not on Xmas day...if there is great.  But if not I’m not all upset about that either.  Lots of cOld and action coming in right after Xmas..even if it ends up being a warm one.  

I’m not convinced Xmas is gonna be mild yet though...time will tell.

I’m not nearly as sold lock stock and barrel like Ginx is. Obviously there is some concern. If it becomes apparent it is in the 60’s with dews and rains like they say/show.. I’m going to be very very upset. But it’s too early for that. Many times these end up CAD with 3 hours of warmth prior to fropa . Many options on table 7 days out 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m not nearly as sold lock stock and barrel like Ginx is. Obviously there is some concern. If it becomes apparent it is in the 60’s with dews and rains like they say/show.. I’m going to be very very upset. But it’s too early for that. Many times these end up CAD with 3 hours of warmth prior to fropa . Many options on table 7 days out 

Don't worry about it Sipperell gotcha back

uesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
Friday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday
A chance of rain, snow, and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Don't worry about it Sipperell gotcha back

uesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
Friday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday
A chance of rain, snow, and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Except that Hayden Frank was on the desk today 

33 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol we actually agree on that Kevin.

its a ways off yet..9 days, so anything can happen.  And if it gets mild..don’t let it ruin your holiday/day...can’t control it either way.  

Lets see how it all plays out over the next week plus.  

Basically trolling Kevin knowing he is on edge about losing his pack, things change every 12 hrs but today was a bad day, lets hope there is a Miracle on 34th Street

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Congrats

That's not my point. In the face of snowbros slapping their weenies across each others face about winter locking in...I simply was stating something realistic. I know it goes against the cold and snow agenda, but so be it. I despite cutters like anyone else, but lets not sugar coat it. Hopefully we have a flatter solution. This far out you favor a EPS solution, but I would not toss anything. Better hope the EPS is right for Christmas Day.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's not my point. In the face of snowbros slapping their weenies across each others face about winter locking in...I simply was stating something realistic. I know it goes against the cold and snow agenda, but so be it. I despite cutters like anyone else, but lets not sugar coat it. Hopefully we have a flatter solution. This far out you favor a EPS solution, but I would not toss anything. Better hope the EPS is right for Christmas Day.

Only 1 snowbro thought winter was locking in, rest understand the risk. We wait 5 hrs for the next segment of how the weenies turn

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The Saint Johnsbury (1V4) 2F average temperature increase around the 25th is the real deal though dailies have some variability... it's still amazingly consistent.

We documented the reality, its the strangest thing. I can't find another month Nov to March where ave temps rise for 2 days late in the month then fall. Amazing couplet.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We documented the reality, its the strangest thing. I can't find another month Nov to March where ave temps rise for 2 days late in the month then fall. Amazing couplet.

Or maybe we can mimic the best Christmas Miracle Christmas eve of them all 1983, Grinch washed away the cover as temps rose near 50 on the 22nd and 40s on the 23rd. An arctic blast was preceded by the most idyllic fluffy snow you ever want to see Christmas, followed by the coldest Christmas day of my life

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

16 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Why ? Nothing supports that near xmas.

Sure it does. Are you not looking at guidance? Could easily end up colder but to say nothing supports it is just flat out wrong. 

The big EPO folding over a little was mentioned a few days ago as something that could support a cutter or two. 

41 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Or maybe we can mimic the best Christmas Miracle Christmas eve of them all 1983, Grinch washed away the cover as temps rose near 50 on the 22nd and 40s on the 23rd. An arctic blast was preceded by the most idyllic fluffy snow you ever want to see Christmas, followed by the coldest Christmas day of my life

Capture.JPG

I'll never forget that cold .

Archived