Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 15, 2017 Snow Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

It's not bad if you have a nice accumulation built up on the road for traction (my Explorer has a "Snow mode" selector as part of its "terrain management" system). But when it is wet and icy and you have people who don't know how to drive on that, they may brake too hard and careen right into you or into an intersection!

Ice isn't fun and hard to manage no matter what vehicle. It's a PITA and hate driving in it. You literally have no control.

Still snowing at a good clip but probably a hour or so left...good times. Temps dropping 23F.

Poorly forecasted and poorly prepared for. Roads are a disaster and dangerous. Absolutely love tracking snow and storms (briefly a metrology major after all) but being scared the entire way home makes me miss summer, which is my favorite season after all anyways. Home now though, can enjoy.

6 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

How about 2013 - 2014? Had about a 10 day hiatus the end of December but started up again after the New Year...just sayin 

too recent and too obvious you are correct lol

Dec 8 - 1.5"                     Dec 10 - 5.5"                     Dec 12 - .5"                      Dec 14 - 3.5"                    

That year is #1 this year #2 how about that

8 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Epic pile in a sort of Close Encounters of the Third Kind way. :lol:

Lol.....here is the reverse angle! As nice as the pile is, confidence is not high that there will be much of it left in a week or so. But, it is the weather, you've got to play the game :-). And we do have fun doing this....

Snowpile-Version-2017-18_3.0.-reverse-angle-2.jpg

Archived