SnowHabit
12/15 -16 /17 Sneaky Coastal

MJO812

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Your electric bill :o

I finished with a nice fluffy inch. Sux when LI looks more wintery than the Lower Hudson Valley at 700 feet :( 

Bills actually worse in the summer.

Our run of luck continues at the coast for now.  Maybe the upcoming pattern will favor the interior once again. 

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

We start with Winter storm watches and get upgraded to lake effect snow warnings, makes no sense, I know lol

Oh if they did that than they're being consistent with the other stuff they did which is get rid of blizzard watches and lake effect snow watches.

So you'll go from winter storm watches to warnings depending on what kind of event it is.

They're just simplifying (stupefying) things for the general public.

But it actually makes it more confusing lol.

9 hours ago, jm1220 said:

I’d say we had around 2” here, maybe a little over. The grass is completely covered up now and my street snow covered, but we definitely didn’t get that much. There was also some left from yesterday morning on the ground.

It seemed about as much as the last one to me.  Who did the best in our area (including coastal NJ) and how much?

Do you have 8 inches on the season now (total of 3 storms)?

Did I see that right- 4 - 5 inches further out on the Island from this storm?!

14 hours ago, jfklganyc said:

There was a week in January in 2007 2008 range Where we had three light snow events That kept piling up snow on the ground .. left us with 5/6 inches.

They were a bit more potent than this But not much

Might have been Jan 09 as we all have bad memories of Jan 08 :P  I think it was Jan 09 where we had the really light snow events but it was so cold that we had a 1-2 inch snowcover for most of the month.  And then a big thaw in Feb and then the first big coastal in a few years in early March.  Dec had been pretty good too.

14 hours ago, jm1220 said:

There’ll probably be someone around Toms River at the end that’ll see over 6”. That banding has been crazy there. Subsidence just north is starting to diminish but most in this sub forum will likely end up between 1-2”. 

Micro version of the first Feb 2010 storm lol.

2 hours ago, Paragon said:

It seemed about as much as the last one to me.  Who did the best in our area (including coastal NJ) and how much?

Do you have 8 inches on the season now (total of 3 storms)?

Did I see that right- 4 - 5 inches further out on the Island from this storm?!

I’d say I’m at or a little over 7” for the month now. Really nice scene outside this morning. 

Archived