Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of that precip end up further north.  Temps look marginal at best though.

Agreed. If it was snow it would be white rain. But with the way things have trended better on the models so far this year. I am not giving up on anything at this point. :)

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Transition to a short wave length/amplified pattern is wreaking havoc as you go out in time. Every run should present a new look for the holiday. SE ridge still winning more often than not unfortunately. Something needs to kick that thing to the east. 

I thought the PV (or at least a piece of it) would have done it looking at 150. There were 486DM thickness in the N Plains

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's the meat of a ridge sandwich and very amplified on both sides. Trough will crawl east with this setup. 

gfs_z500a_nhem_26.png

maybe not a flake of snow but it should be cloudy rainy and cooling as the day progresses I would think.  I'll take it.

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

GEFS basically shifted lock step with the op. It's either locking in or doing the thing about ens not having much spread inside of 8 days. My guess is the latter. I don't think anything is locked in. 

Yeah they’re close but the devil is in the nitnoid details. GEFS has a low farther offshore on Xmas which would probably give us a miracle storm, but razors edge sort of situation. Lots of spread (obvs). 

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived