Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would just like to ask everyone to keep posts on point and to knock off the mood swings every 6 hours.  There hasn't been a lot of moderating and we've let things roll a bit.  It would be nice for all to tighten up a little as some of these threats in the LR might pan out....or not.

Its only weather after all.

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

I predict some real silliness today because models don't lock in for 10 days from now. 

Of course.   That storm is the one I'm interested in.  Christmas..meh, I have no dog in that fight because I'll be getting back from Mexico that night...so it's fun watching people here sway back and forth when I'm not emotionally vested.  

12 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

Pattern really shuts down quick after Christmas. Welcome to La Nina. 

The pattern doesn't shut down at all.  I thought we agreed to tone down the negative emotional posts per H2O.  I have been slack on this but as we get into real tracking I will have to crack down in these threads so let's keep it on point and less emotion please to make this a better experience for all.  

Just now, BristowWx said:

The pattern doesn't shut down at all.  I thought we agreed to tone down the negative emotional posts per H2O.  I have been slack on this but as we get into real tracking I will have to crack down in these threads so let's keep it on point and less emotion please to make this a better experience for all.  

you are going to crack down? :lol::lol:

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

darn it mappy...I was hoping the board leadership would just go with it.  too much Christmas punch.  but the rest is true and I can even police myself.  his posts are just silly and without reason.

Why don't you focus on policing yourself and let us handle Chuck. 

... this goes for everyone. please let us handle it. 

I know everyone’s focused on the Chill storm already, but don’t sleep on xmas/xmas eve yet. Canadian and euro+Eps look interesting. I don’t think we have final solution yet and with it looking likely that the cold air will be here, it has potential still.

Back on topic (sort of), I'm not overly excited about the Christmas potential...but of course some flakes and chill in the air would be much better than 50+ and rain.  Next week between the Holidays looks a lot more serious...particularly interested in the cold and then the late-week potential.  I'm sure we'll all look forward to a Holiday week of tracking something fun, even if not much happens right on Christmas itself.

9 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Waiting 

slackasses at work

7 minutes ago, knglover said:

Off topic and I apologize but pertaining to this very subject:  How do I block seeing someone's posts?

go to your username at the top of the page, click the drop down and Ignore Users, then put in the screename you wish to ignore. 

8 minutes ago, knglover said:

Off topic and I apologize but pertaining to this very subject:  How do I block seeing someone's posts?

In the upper left hand corner, find your user name and click on it - one of the options below that is "ignored users" - click that and you can add people there and it will hide their posts.

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I know everyone’s focused on the Chill storm already, but don’t sleep on xmas/xmas eve yet. Canadian and euro+Eps look interesting. I don’t think we have final solution yet and with it looking likely that the cold air will be here, it has potential still.

True enough.  I admit myself to "looking ahead" like that.  The potential later next week perhaps has a more solid or "easier"(?) setup for us to score a good event in this area.  But yeah, the Christmas thing has certainly trended colder (compared to a few days ago) and could still surprise us more that we think.

(And...are we actually going to dub it the Chill storm, should that event actually materialize in a good way? ;))

55 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I said this last evening. Glad I have you in my camp ;)  

Nut

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived