joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still like Jan 1-2 for a big snowfall event in your region, and the general trend on the models is a good one, bearing in mind that the energy peak involved in this potential storm has a life cycle of 10 days max so models may not be catching much of it yet.

Would not rule out the Dec 27-29 time frame for a lead-in event then a larger one following that, feeling that with this super cold air coming down into the GL region higher pressure will follow over Quebec and gain some blocking support as a trough deepens around 90W. 

4 minutes ago, BlueDXer75 said:

Hour 144 it looks better compared to 12z.  According to my amateur eyes.  Just looking at 2M temps though on TT

Pretty sure TT doesn't do 2M temps. It does 850s though, which are better compared to 12z/0z previous runs. 2M temps improve on the 24th though, they cold just looked farther West on the 23rd, but it seems to have been faster travelling East. That or the SE ridge is smaller

Just now, Cobalt said:

Pretty sure TT doesn't do 2M temps. It does 850s though, which are better. 2M temps improve on the 24th though, they cold just looked farther West on the 23rd, but it seems to have been faster travelling East. That or the SE ridge is smaller

You are right.  I was looking at GFS. forgot to change it to ECMWF.   850's are better on Euro

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived