• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
South of the pike clipper

ORH_wxman

Guidance has been trying to strengthen this shortwave just enough to try and get some light snow into SNE late tonight and early tomorrow. This looks lime mostly for CT/RI and maybe parts of southern MA. Yesterday's storm is still winding up to our northeast which creates a meat grinder flow in SNE...otherwise this would probably be a very good event (high end advisory type stuff).

Still, may get a period of steady snow in southern regions....12z RGEM shows the potential...doubt anyone gets more than an inch, but who knows in far southern areas if a little band can get going:

Dec13_12zRGEM.gif

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

I do expect to see flakes.  My biggest concern is how long do we take to saturate?  This is such a cold/dry airmass.  

Yeah there is def gonna be a hell of a virga storm for some. SW CT has the best chance of getting an inch or more I think. It's a pretty potent little vortmax though, so can't rule out a decent band or two for some if we can overcome the dry air. I think it would be pure fluff...soundings are good for dendrites.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's a really nice H7-H5 RH curl moving right overhead. Normally I'd be giddy. The drier air may win...but I'd keep an eye out for that up to the pike. 

Yep, if that system to our northeast was a little further away, we'd be talking 4-8". Potent vortmax and great track too...right through NJ/LI.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ginx may start sniffing this threat soon 

I'd watch upstream obs this evening...if we see some solid 3/4 vis snows in places like ROC, ITH, ALB, then that is a good sign for SNE. If it is having a hard time going north of BFD-ELM-BGM...then we're prob just looking at a few flakes...maybe still OK for south coast of CT.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I just said that to someone. :lol:   Dear God I hated that. 

One of those produced like 35 to 1 ratios down along the south coast and into NYC area...they got like 7" on 0.2" L.E.

Could def be a fluff band somewhere late tonight/early tomorrow in southern areas. Just gotta see if the low levels can be overcome. Like it wouldn't shock me if someone is posting 3" of snow on like a tenth of liquid.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

One of those produced like 35 to 1 ratios down along the south coast and into NYC area...they got like 7" on 0.2" L.E.

Could def be a fluff band somewhere late tonight/early tomorrow in southern areas. Just gotta see if the low levels can be overcome. Like it wouldn't shock me if someone is posting 3" of snow on like a tenth of liquid.

There is decent lift in the DGZ. Could happen.

Archived