SnowHabit
December 12 Winter storm observations

STILL N OF PIKE

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wait did MoneyPit get 8+ inches?! lol

Just trying to catch up.  I'd assume around 8" in Stowe so far from my neighbors report.

Yup.  I didn't do any clearing so that measurement is after whatever compaction took place over the course of the day.  I can only imagine what this would have been if there had been any ratios.

With tomorrow's high in the teens, I believe the high water content will make for an 11-12" glacier.  I'll need to shovel the deck tonight before that happens.

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Hmm.looks like south and west got the prize. I was painted for 5" with range of 3-5" but assumed we'd finish on higher side due to little taint at the end. I think we missed most of the good echos

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Models were pretty much on for here at 3" and the CF moving overhead, Quite a bit of zr for a good 1.5 hrs, This will end up being cement.

38 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Great event for CNE, NNE and NW Mass...which is basically CNE

Totals have surprised me.  Although the potential was there

Yeah def over performer there. Most guidance did not have those types of totals. But this did look pretty good aloft so in retrospect it isn't a total shock. 

43 minutes ago, eyewall said:

The photogenic phase of the storm is ending now as the winds pick up and blast the snow out of the trees. Snow has picked up again.

Yes--I was just out shoveling the deck and was getting pelted with blobs of snow getting gusted off the branches.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah def over performer there. Most guidance did not have those types of totals. But this did look pretty good aloft so in retrospect it isn't a total shock

For some of us it is.  :)

I just hit my high temperature of the day (30.7*) 20 minutes ago.  Backing down now.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Yes--I was just out shoveling the deck and was getting pelted with blobs of snow getting gusted off the branches.

For some of us it is.  :)

I just hit my high temperature of the day (30.7*) 20 minutes ago.  Backing down now.

It is full on winter N of Rt 2!   I'm impressed with the pack.  We grateful.

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The jackpot spread was pretty unique.   Rarely do I out-perform N ORH Co. and areas well N of here.

It was a bit of a unique development. Midlevels kept the best lift to the west so we ended up with a more sloped gradient and the qpf production was very good there. More Longitude than latitude. Usually latitude is dominant in the snowfall but not in this one. 

Congrats on the good storm. Just glad CAD won out here and we kept our snowpack. 

Archived