Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 12 Winter storm observations

STILL N OF PIKE

3 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

good for you, seriously i hope you guys have a bunch of these events.....I hope at some point you guys really get buried with a hugger something more like mid march of 07 which crushed Northampton n/w

You're generous!  I actually like everybody scoring big, the thread is more fun when everybody is here!

It's only in these set-ups or true SWFE they I have any hope of putting up similar totals to the hill towns.

edit: I drive the whole valley tomorrow, the differences will be dramatic S & E of here.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You're generous!  I actually like everybody scoring big, the thread is more fun when everybody is here!

It's only in these set-ups or true SWFE they I have any hope of putting up similar totals to the hill towns.

Speaking of these set ups, I can't remember the last time we had a similar storm set up like this?

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

edit: I drive the whole valley tomorrow, the differences will be dramatic S & E of here.

congrats Pete although he is at Kmart sking today
.Hampshire County...
   Cummington             4.5  1153 AM 12/12  Broadcast Media

19 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Nah, bow which is just south of concord had 2.75 a couple hours ago.  You can see the observation earlier in the thread.  Concord exceeds 3.  And I'm at least at 5 here 10 miles north of con

Odd...

You guys must have had much better rates throughout and I don't think there's a total in the seacoast region over 2". Maybe Rochester? We started around the same time and flipped maybe an hour before you...

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wow, up to 5".   Positive bust!  No models really had that here (Euro?) but NWS BOX stayed pretty bullish until this morning, wavered and then ended up adjusting up.

I think the BOX 10% likelihood might have had GC as high as 8".  I doubt we'll see that (unless we get some thing going on tonight) as it's lightened up a fair bit....I wonder if we might be zr??

30.0*

edit:  not zr, just lighter snow.

9 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Speaking of these set ups, I can't remember the last time we had a similar storm set up like this?

I think I know someone who may, just have to wait until he pops back in here to give you exact, pinpoint details of said event:)

Still 32F with SN. Bennington 15 miles away with 3 straight hours of -RA Obs and Upper 30's. 

3 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

I think I know someone who may, just have to wait until he pops back in here to give you exact, pinpoint details of said event:)

Still 32F with SN. Bennington 15 miles away with 3 straight hours of -RA Obs and Upper 30's. 

Not sure I could be paid enough to live in Bennington

1 minute ago, Professional Lurker said:

Yup. Sucks, but still an overperformer.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Gotta be good base building for Beast...I wanna get out there this season on a random weekday and experience the no-crowd excellence.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Please  let me know if you plan on a date. New Trail skiers right looks pretty sweet, top to bottom

Yeah I was hoping we could do a ski GTG out there...we've been talking about one for a few winters. I know you guys did one several years ago. I'm game for one in Jan/Feb some time. I'll play hooky from work.

This is a good type of storm for them for early season....get that QPF into the base and then worry about the surface conditions down the road.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I was hoping we could do a ski GTG out there...we've been talking about one for a few winters. I know you guys did one several years ago. I'm game for one in Jan/Feb some time. I'll play hooky from work.

This is a good type of storm for them for early season....get that QPF into the base and then worry about the surface conditions down the road.

Cool, lets do it. Lurker and Chris, MPM, arctic front aint far away BGM just dropped from 32 to 27 in a half hour

25 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

I’ll be up there Thursday night. At 1600’. Then Stratton Friday-Sunday. Looks like they jackpot with this one and may even wind up with a foot. Fine with me!!

Archived