Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 12 Winter storm observations

STILL N OF PIKE

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would you think Brian.  Another .5" qpf for Central NH?  If we can stay snow this will be a 10" storm.  Now the fun begins as we watch the change line move north.  Interesting my winds are starting to increase from the north so a bit of blowing and drifting is beginning after almost calm winds all morning...

13 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Somewhere between 5" and 6" here in Montpelier.  I walked out for lunch and forgot to take my ruler.  Here is a pic of the bench in front of my office building though.

Bench.jpg

When I do that, I stick my hand vertically into the snow, remember where on the hand (better yet if it's the arm) the snow came to, and apply the ruler later.

20 minutes ago, tamarack said:

When I do that, I stick my hand vertically into the snow, remember where on the hand (better yet if it's the arm) the snow came to, and apply the ruler later.

I had my lunch in my hand.  I'm about to go out and get a real, albeit slightly sketchy due to the location, measurement.

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

zone amounts just increased here.  3-5 for CON 4-8 here in Boscawen  6-10 for Webster (1 mile away from me), and 7-11 for Salisbury (6 miles away from me).  Right now moderate snow continues...hoping the heavier burst to come will be all snow.  Probably approaching 5 inches.

They upped CON? Looks like it just changed over there based on radar.

Archived