Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 11 Week Event(s)

mitchnick

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Best Dec @ bwi and dca since 09. Dulles had 4.7 in 13 so one more minor event and it will be the same for IAD. 

That's really impressive considering it was accomplished in the first half of the month.  My yard is still behind 2013 (12.1"), 2012 (9.7"), 2010 (1.6") and 2016 (0.8").  Hopefully the I-81 crew can join the party in the second half.

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

That's really impressive considering it was accomplished in the first half of the month.  My yard is still behind 2013 (12.1"), 2012 (9.7"), 2010 (1.6") and 2016 (0.8").  Hopefully the I-81 crew can join the party in the second half.

Patiently waiting...but I'm pretty optimistic going forward.  Delayed not denied for us western folk hopefully.  I have yet to crack an inch this season but it has certainly felt and looked wintery.  

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Few flurries when I walked out to crack open a beer after coming home from the Last Jedi.  Surprised me. ..but radar is interesting with some snow squalls showing up to my west 

Side note....

Am I drunk or is something askew with the forum

You're not drunk. Some update messed it up. 

Absolutely DELIGHTFUL late fall weather tonight at 1245am. We have refreshing temperatures tonight, 15 DEGREES with 13 degree dewpoints. Frost is on everything, and I DO MEAN EVERY FRACKIN' SURFACE!!!!!

This is what you get with 91 percent relative humidity at these refreshing temperatures.

I went out tonight and I savored an EPIC, EPIC jebwalk. I breathed the cool air in DEEP. This is what victory smells like. There is a coating of fine snow on many surfaces along with a ton of frost.

I was SORELY, SORELY TEMPTED to go out tonight with a soaking WET t-shirt in these refreshingly cool conditions, but I was scared someone would notice.

I wonder if we can get down into the low teens, maybe crack 9 by sunrise?

This is definitely going to be a snowy snowy winter in the Mid Atlantic. I've been here for five decades. We DON'T get lows in the teens like this in mid December.

We are going to get CRUSHED, absolutely annihilated by severe winter weather this low sun season, be it ridiculous amounts of crippling ice, or crippling amounts of snow, or both. I would willingly sell my soul for eternity to get a Houston-like event right here in Dale City in the form of Day After Tomorrow quantities of snow, of freezing rain with most of it freezing onto objects, forming over a FOOT of solid ICE, or BOTH. I am admittedly crazy for crippling snows and/or ice that would effectively shut us down for weeks and weeks and weeks. It would have horrific effects on ppl and I dont care. I worship snow and ice FIRST and I'd be out on yet another EPIC jebwalk, blasting 1970s songs on my headphones and dancing exactly like the late Michael Jackson.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived