Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 11 Week Event(s)

mitchnick

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its nice to see eastern folks do well this year. Many times good snow for 95 and west coincides with mix or dryslot to the east. The whole MA region is off to a hot start except for the western zones. They'll get theirs in due time. Maybe next week....

Smallish events that produce are one of the staples of a good (non nino) winter. 

0.2” was the total here in Clarksburg. No amount of slant-sticking could get me to 0.3”. All in all, was a nice winter day. High was 28F but was 26F most of the day. 

While not really snow on snow, it was snow piles on snow piles as some was still there from Saturday. If we’re going to see ground in December, it needs to at least look like this evening:

16D9C9CD-316A-4D6E-81F7-7C3822E6DC20.thumb.jpeg.9ea00121a0445a8bceeb5c93f84da423.jpeg

14 minutes ago, das said:

0.2” was the total here in Clarksburg. No amount of slant-sticking could get me to 0.3”. All in all, was a nice winter day. High was 28F but was 26F most of the day. 

While not really snow on snow, it was snow piles on snow piles as some was still there from Saturday. If we’re going to see ground in December, it needs to at least look like this evening:

16D9C9CD-316A-4D6E-81F7-7C3822E6DC20.thumb.jpeg.9ea00121a0445a8bceeb5c93f84da423.jpeg

Excellent job piling up the snow. Always keep the sun in mind, try to pile what snow you have on the north side of objects that block that accursed sun. One good way to block the sun from your sacred precious snowpiles is to rig up a light colored tarp so there's no way the sun can melt your snow. Better yet, buy one of Midlo's blizzard machines and run it hard every cold night you get then spread the snow around.

4 minutes ago, pythium said:

Colora MD extreme northeast MD near PA line just under 3 ....2.8 or so!    Great start to winter.....almost 7 out of the 3 events winter wonderland out there!!!

IMG_3654.jpg

QUICK! Get out there and pile up all the snow on your sidewalks and driveway, on the north side of your house. Dont let that damned sun melt all the precious snow tomorrow. Please take a jebwalk in the snow, just for me lol.

4 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

From what I saw in Glen Burnie and considering the reporting site is close to 5 miles west of GB and 2+ miles south of me, I think that's accurate.

Spotter report in elkridge of 0.8”. Combined that makes me think I’m probably 0.7” also but hoping my neighborhood spotter reports.

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Spotter report in elkridge of 0.8”. Combined that makes me think I’m probably 0.7” also but hoping my neighborhood spotter reports.

Someone did a double slant stick in Elkridge after happy hour. I swear it wasn’t me. :D

Now try and figure out what a double slant stick is.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived