• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

December 11 Week Event(s)

Snow really started to crank up around 1:45 or so and this turned into a very nice event. Might be my favorite snow so far of the season. Went for a beautiful 9 mile run. Glad I'm not on the roads. What a disaster. Probably will end up with about a half inch or so by the time it winds down.

I got to enjoy snow TV, I saw a couple sections of white sidewalks, and I got my 2nd cartopper of the season, it is only mid December, and it is not even Winter yet.

Just now, supernovasky said:

I’m from Louisiana - we shut down over a half inch of snow.

I'm totally kidding. I know where you're from and no one should be out driving unless necessary.  My comment was in jest to a friendly exchange Mappy and I had this morning. 

• Like 2

DCA with more snow than IAD?

I genuinely don't believe that total. They can't have done much better then me, I've been watching the radar all day. I was taking their earlier .2" total and that's probably a stretch.

Overcompensating after weenie complaints?

I know people talk about DCA reporting low, but I think BWI reports low all the time. I'm pretty close to the airport and they almost always report less than me, especially in the big storms. It's been going on for years, although I know they did have an issue where they were measuring wrong and it appeared to inflating their totals, though I still think they were under-reporting somehow. I don't know if it's the warmth from the jet engines or what.

Only light snow now.  Winding down....

@supernovasky

Hopefully you know that I was joking. Here's the exchange.

7 hours ago, mappy said:

...as much as i want another inch or so, the thought of getting home from work makes me cringe. 

7 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Come on!  Don't be a sissy! 

6 hours ago, mappy said:

Ha, i need to get my kid and take her to my mothers (in AA County) tonight for a kid free weekend. So its more of a matter of getting home and being able to do that, than worrying about the actual drive! 

6 hours ago, ravensrule said:

Just started snowing in Pikesville.

6 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That should make Reisterstown Road that much more exciting this afternoon.

6 hours ago, mappy said:

dont be such a sissy :snowing:

• Like 1

I-695 is rekked...multiple accidents. Baltimore County 911 really dispatching like crazy now.  Pager won't shut up.

My driveway is white but essentially for me this was a car topper.  Still took a nice walk 10000 step walk in the snow grains, graupel fest and saw a few mangled flakes. 

• Like 1

Enough snow to feel wintry. Went out and measured 0.1" and 0.2". Average would be 0.15", so I'll go with that. Love cold snow events, but of course more snow would've been better. Can't complain though, since We did get the 2 out of 3 events that we saw during the beginning of the week, only they went under the radar due to models backing off and then bringing them back. Never thought 0.15" of snow would still be fun to track, but the wintry scene, especially in December, was worth it :lol:

Event still isn't close to over for folks East of Baltimore

hrrr_snow_harrisburg_5.thumb.png.6fbf7faf90aebd7cbeda084bfcef8736.png

Ratios could be a bit higher too. Wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere bullseyed at 5"