• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 11 Week Event(s)

mitchnick

I know people talk about DCA reporting low, but I think BWI reports low all the time. I'm pretty close to the airport and they almost always report less than me, especially in the big storms. It's been going on for years, although I know they did have an issue where they were measuring wrong and it appeared to inflating their totals, though I still think they were under-reporting somehow. I don't know if it's the warmth from the jet engines or what.

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only light snow now.  Winding down....

@supernovasky

Hopefully you know that I was joking. Here's the exchange.

7 hours ago, mappy said:

...as much as i want another inch or so, the thought of getting home from work makes me cringe. 

7 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Come on!  Don't be a sissy! 

6 hours ago, mappy said:

Ha, i need to get my kid and take her to my mothers (in AA County) tonight for a kid free weekend. So its more of a matter of getting home and being able to do that, than worrying about the actual drive! 

6 hours ago, ravensrule said:

Just started snowing in Pikesville.

6 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That should make Reisterstown Road that much more exciting this afternoon.

6 hours ago, mappy said:

dont be such a sissy :snowing:

Enough snow to feel wintry. Went out and measured 0.1" and 0.2". Average would be 0.15", so I'll go with that. Love cold snow events, but of course more snow would've been better. Can't complain though, since We did get the 2 out of 3 events that we saw during the beginning of the week, only they went under the radar due to models backing off and then bringing them back. Never thought 0.15" of snow would still be fun to track, but the wintry scene, especially in December, was worth it :lol:

I'm totally kidding. I know where you're from and no one should be out driving unless necessary.  My comment was in jest to a friendly exchange Mappy and I had this morning. 

I’m def driving (well mr map is) as my kid free weekend is necessary ;)

Been a pixie dust affair here for the most part. Good band stayed 5-10 miles to my north all afternoon, now as it winds down here, new heavier bands are forming to my east lol. Pretty much what I thought would occur based on the latest trends this morning. Oh well. At 26 degrees even small flakes add up a bit. Probably a quarter inch.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived