Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 11 Week Event(s)

mitchnick

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's chips fall time. Not sure how much guidance can add to the disco now. My guess is the rgem/nam3k has it mostly right. 

I hope so,  need them for the win to get snow.  I do find it interesting that no matter where the models say the initial band will set up it always sets up towards Carrol County.

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep...Hrrr still not picking up nw band 

The hrrr is becoming dead to me. All it does is cloud up thoughts by being contrary to more reliable guidance leading into events. Then it settles in and ends up looking like other guidance. The only reliable thing I'm seeing on a regular basis from the hrrr is precip shutoff timing. Other than that it seems to kinda suck honestly. 

Just now, usedtobe said:

I hope so,  need them for the win to get snow.  I do find it interesting that no matter where the models say the initial band will set up it always sets up towards Carrol County.

We'll see how it plays out but in my mind, the NW precip is a net +. Since the shield is going to build and then rotate out, seeing the nw extent being further than modeled "could" be a sign that there is some upside to the E and NE of DC. And I'm rooting for your yard like always. haha

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

We'll see how it plays out but in my mind, the NW precip is a net +. Since the shield is going to build and then rotate out, seeing the nw extent being further than modeled "could" be a sign that there is some upside to the E and NE of DC. And I'm rooting for your yard like always. haha

Even as late as this morning, nothing was expected to start in any areas until noon - 2PM.  Things look good to me, but that doesn't mean anything.

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The hrrr is becoming dead to me. All it does is cloud up thoughts by being contrary to more reliable guidance leading into events. Then it settles in and ends up looking like other guidance. The only reliable thing I'm seeing on a regular basis from the hrrr is precip shutoff timing. Other than that it seems to kinda suck honestly. 

Yep. I am pretty much sticking with the RGEM and 3K from now on. The RGEM has been very good so far this year. Even with placement of lake effect streamers.

Down to flurries now.

27 degrees

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived