Newest Member
    joxey
December 11 Week Event(s)

mitchnick

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Seemed to have a lot of virga here to start and got under a yellow band and still hardly anything and then it was like it saturated up and turned into a snow globe. Had a nice squall that quickly blanketed everything, including roads. Probably close to a half inch at this point. I know this event was supposed to be something more significant earlier in the week, but given the expectations heading into tonight, I have to say I'm quite pleased. Nice little event. And crankyweather is hinting that the storm may be tracking more south than expected.

3-hour pressure change the basis for that opinion,  I'm sure. 

7 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I need back-back building at this point, lol.

Funny how snow seems to show up on that radar as soon as you cross into the MD border. Would love to understand the dynamics that cause this. Does the moisture that is ripped apart in the mountains just need more time to come together again?

I think the downsloping with clippers can affect the leeward side of the mountains whereas coastals tend to like those same areas more due to the added lift.  Could also be partially due to radar angles as well. I could be wrong though.

About 45 mins ago when I needed to get on here, obviously the site was down. It was straight mod to heavy though. Everything white in 10 mins. Still light right now. Easy 1/2 inch. Honestly this looks better visually than the last weekend snow since everything caved real quick. Jebwalking with the kid was fun too. :)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived