Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 11 Week Event(s)

mitchnick

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • H2O pinned this topic

Certainly looks like a threat Thursday and again on Friday.  Models seem to be coming around on the diea that hte bog vortex to the northeast will force the Thursday clipper to the south of us.  It will be moisture starved but should have great ratios.  The Friday event has more potential so it's one to watch.  I'm sure the models will end up with their max over my house and the real max ending over Chill's.  I wrote an article for CWG about the clipper and in it alluded to the Friday event.  I should have planned my discussion better so I could have spent more time on the Friday event. 

I absolutely love tracking a cold clipper. Potential to bust, for sure, but the upside is pretty huge, even if there's not a ton of moisture around. Great ratios and fluffy flakes that have a hard time sticking where they land because any wind will blow them gently from street to street and yard to yard. It's the kind of snow that ends up with wispy white vortices that dance across the road as the cars race by.

Let's do this.

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Boy you guys aren't kidding. Just took a look at the 12z GFS from hr 96-105 looks excellent in these parts and up your guys way as well. Would be nice if it stuck to this or if the southern stream could dig more. 

Yeah if we can get that clipper to dive just to our south .. and get a little redevelopment off the coast... We should easily get another 2-4, 3-6 event. 

14 minutes ago, PDIII said:

Yeah if we can get that clipper to dive just to our south .. and get a little redevelopment off the coast... We should easily get another 2-4, 3-6 event. 

Clipper passing within 50 -75 to our south with a decent push of WAA snow can easily yield a low end warning snowfall for the climo areas and a solid advisory event for the rest.  Hopefully it's not a virga fest.

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Nothing much from the Thursday clipper for most of the region per 12z EURO... looks like the transfer robs most of us of any chance for flakes

Does anyone know the verification scores from the Euro regarding handling of clipper events? I feel like it has been performing sub par recently. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived