• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potent Clipper light snows (Discussion & Observations)

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Agree. Dusting/coating to maybe an inch yea. It looked more impressive yesterday 

Historically these kinds of systems do most of their damage west of our area, and some on the extreme east end as the storm rapidly moves away.  1" would be the max I would expect and probably less.

Geminid meteor shower tonight, best of the year, will be FAR more interesting.

20 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

12z RGEM gives northern Jersey, NYC and LI 1 to 2 inches with the clipper wednesday night into thursday morning. Hopefully we can pick up a little accumulation with this clipper. I see GGEM is showing a more significant snowfall friday night, but I don't think there's much other model support for that.

12Z NAM now closer to a 1-2" )local 3" for most (especially northern) part of the area. nam_namer_039_precip_p36.gif

Just now, sferic said:

But will it survive over the Pennsylvania mountains?

Usually clippers will look nice on radar on its trek east then fizzle and break apart before reaching NYC/LI

It'll weaken (west of Apps, 3-6"/4-8"), but should hold on, with the chance of a little coastal enhancement in eastern areas, for 1-2"

16 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Might be a surprise 1-3” east of the city if the clipper can enhance a little on the coast and the precip isn’t shredded too bad over the mountains. 

I think this is gonna be a surprise 1-3" for both the interior ( ratios) and the east of the city due to some coastal enhancement. NAM/GFS/RGEM all show it. 

This for me is an annoying system. Not that I don’t want snow but it’s not well advertised so I’ll have to push my bosses to allow me to come in for snow removal. If they say no and we do get over an inch I’ll get a pankicked 6am phone call telling me to come in. I’d much rather a slightly bigger event so I can plan accordingly

2 hours ago, forkyfork said:

the trend with this system has been wetter and stronger. we also get lift in the DGZ so 20:1 ratios are possible. i think we get 1-3" with localized 4" amounts on LI

Nice banding potential especially Long Island under the jet exit region. 

HRRRNE_prec_radar_018.png.dfa26bbaf63f8b5af28c977cb7c97821.png

NAMUS_250_spd_024.png.25e7937636a47bd2a2ec8765b985b651.png

Archived