Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 12, 2017 - Late Bloomer Coastal

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

The key is getting that to happen. They're actually backing at the moment, and there are hints of at least a pressure weakness in the Gulf of Maine to help lock in that cold (44007 down to 27 now by the way). 

I'm not worried about mixing until I see those buoys go SE, and so far the coastal front is at least holding its place.

28 in Manchester with an east wind. Not really seeing an over-performance in the cold, closer to the SLP.

Our storm is still in western NYS... The key will be to see what happens over the next few hours. Radar is also meh, so the temps aren't really producing for us. Half an inch or less from Dover to Exeter area so far, and snowing very lightly atm...

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

28 in Manchester with an east wind. Not really seeing an over-performance in the cold, closer to the SLP.

Our storm is still in western NYS... The key will be to see what happens over the next few hours. Radar is also meh, so the temps aren't really producing for us. Half an inch or less from Dover to Exeter area so far, and snowing very lightly atm...

24 hours ago the model forecast had MHT in the 30s by now. The cold is over performing.

Now as I just said, the QPF might be on the high side so we may not realize the high end of the totals anyway, but it won’t be because of lack of cold.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

24 hours ago the model forecast had MHT in the 30s by now. The cold is over performing.

Now as I just said, the QPF might be on the high side so we may not realize the high end of the totals anyway, but it won’t be because of lack of cold.

Yeah that's an E-NE drain. CAD FTW. Those temps aren't budging much.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Still dropping here. Down to 23F.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Not trying to be difficult but which model was in the 30's by now?

3km Nam looks really good going all the way back to 6z Dec 10 run...RGEM as well....

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We've been having steady snow ranging from relatively light to bordering on heavy in spite of lack-luster radar.  Right now, Albany radar has me in a hole--actuality is SN with reasonable flakes.

Archived