Newest Member
    joxey
December 12, 2017 - Late Bloomer Coastal

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DomNH said:

My 2-5'' in the Merrimack Valley south of CON is too high. I'd be surprised if we saw any more than like 1-2'' before the taint arrives now that I look closer. Getting less excited by the moment. 

This system lost appeal for me last week when models started floating the H5 up the St Lawrence River.

21 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

still some signs of a mini cold tuck on guidance, especially for central / NE MA tmrw afternoon .. probably not that important, but could mean temps stay in the mid 30s or something like that which would help limit snowfall melt 

This would actually make me very happy...but I fully expect 40s, at least for a time.

Methinks my p/c is going to bust badly.

Tonight
Snow likely, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Tuesday
Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 2pm, then rain and snow. High near 35. Southeast wind around 8 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
A chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Wednesday
A chance of snow showers, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -1. Breezy, with a west wind 14 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

27.5*/17

23 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Methinks my p/c is going to bust badly.

Tonight
Snow likely, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Tuesday
Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 2pm, then rain and snow. High near 35. Southeast wind around 8 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
A chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Wednesday
A chance of snow showers, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -1. Breezy, with a west wind 14 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

27.5*/17

Even the p/c for downtown Greenfield has wintery appeal:

Tonight
A chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tuesday
Rain, snow, and sleet before 3pm, then rain and snow. High near 37. Light and variable wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
A chance of rain and snow showers before 9pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Wednesday
A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. West wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Maybe the Mets on this shift think we get some heavier rates here before the changeover?

27/24 here already, we are definitely getting some winter wx tomorrow.

2 hours ago, jbenedet said:

I think Wednesday morning will be a lot more interesting in VT and NH (maybe even parts of NW MA) than anything we see tomorrow. With that huge 500 mb Low diving in overhead, and UL heights crashing, I could see widespread advisory level light to moderate snows and gusty winds (local squalls) for a period of 6-12 hrs well to the southwest of the surface low as it moves into northern ME and southern Quebec. 

This morning you were worried about a CCB in S NH tomorrow and now you have Wed worse than tomorrow? Tue will have a lot more impact up here than some Wed snow showers.

35 minutes ago, dendrite said:

This morning you were worried about a CCB in S NH tomorrow and now you have Wed worse than tomorrow? Tue will have a lot more impact up here than some Wed snow showers.

I didn’t say that. 

Regarding your second comment, that’s debatable. I think it’s likely you get more snow on the back end than the front end. I also think it will be more than what you implied by some “snow showers”. 

The wind/cold/ratios/blowing snow I think will result in a higher impact and wintry appeal—back end versus front end.

We’ll see..

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Quebec City is 1 degree F now with a forecast for 8-16 inches and winds gusting to 50mph.  Been there many times and I am surprised more of our weenies don't go there for snow chases.

I Punted for SNH, even thou somehow im suppose to be at BAE (merrimack) for snow removal for 12 hrs. Apparently ill be removing rain???

Im Hoping the high whites get bombed, heading there Wednesday

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Even the p/c for downtown Greenfield has wintery appeal:

Tonight
A chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tuesday
Rain, snow, and sleet before 3pm, then rain and snow. High near 37. Light and variable wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
A chance of rain and snow showers before 9pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Wednesday
A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. West wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Maybe the Mets on this shift think we get some heavier rates here before the changeover?

27/24 here already, we are definitely getting some winter wx tomorrow.

Euro says why not

I  think the Pope has a pretty good idea about deep cold 5H snows just not as prolific as he implies.  I  will say I think this clipper is underestimated by modeling. Has outperformed modeling all night. Too quick to scour out low level cold. I stick by my personal Kev forecast from this AM

CNE NNE rs are in for some fun

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Wednesday is the wild card day.  Big cyclonic flow from vertically stacked system... 

Mountains mixed with cold/wind/moisture and we'll see what happens.  

I'm thinking Wednesday could be the snowier day with those H85 temps giving great snow growth.  

Of course this won't pertain to most posters here though.

Archived