SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 12, 2017 - Late Bloomer Coastal

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really on the edge here. Even though Euro is showing 3" for DAW, I'm several miles to southeast and that gradient is sharp. Hoping for CAD effect and the cold air is locking at surface better than what globals are showing, but NAM isn't holding onto the cold around either.

4 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Really on the edge here. Even though Euro is showing 3" for DAW, I'm several miles to southeast and that gradient is sharp. Hoping for CAD effect and the cold air is locking at surface better than what globals are showing, but NAM isn't holding onto the cold around either.

This is where the RGEM is good for thermal profiles.

20 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

We'll see how the CAD shows up as we get closer. Models have gotten better than a decade ago but it wasn't uncommon to see CAD increase as you get closer when you have a good snowpack across the region. The models would underestimate the thickness of the cold dome. 

7 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

reading between the lines for a few days now this was never really a storm for sne, maybe nw ct and nw mass gets a quick thump but south and east of mpm this is just some slush and rain (maybe some zr though in a few places)

we had our event and it was better than i thought it would be

Only extreme s coast sees rain or above freezing. Lots of low level cold with 2ndary offshore. Interior ok

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We'll see how the CAD shows up as we get closer. Models have gotten better than a decade ago but it wasn't uncommon to see CAD increase as you get closer when you have a good snowpack across the region. The models would underestimate the thickness of the cold dome. 

Maine did really well with the storm yesterday so their pack will hopefully do exactly what you're saying.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

One of those storms where 20-40 miles could be the difference of 2" or a foot

Just like good ol' time from my days in Raleigh :D

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Reggie was cold. Mesos cold. I don’t know if this is set in stone just yet

They all still get it above freezing eventually. 

Its not set in stone yet. I agree. But more changes are needed to keep it below freezing. 

Archived