Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 12, 2017 - Late Bloomer Coastal

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah this is a NNE special. Even WxBlue should make out.  Hopefully later next week works out down here.

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

GYX is pretty bullish..........

StormTotalSnowWeb120917.png

It's all about locking in the cold air at surface, which in my brief time of observing temps, think it does well around here.

Yeah, GYX's forecast is a little bit more than what I was thinking.

Rgem still goes warm past 48. Gonna need one more tick south for interior SNE to get more than 2". GFS might get it done actually but barely...esp north of pike. It's prob a bit light on the snowfall clown maps because it warms the sfc a little too fast. 

We want to try and see a secondary squeeze south and over CC. That would lock in the sfc at least. Might take a little more than that to keep 900 cold but even a delay or slowing down of the WAA would mean the diff between 1" and 4-5". 

1 minute ago, WxBlue said:

It's all about locking in the cold air at surface, which in my brief time of observing temps, think it does well around here.

Yeah, GYX's forecast is a little bit more than what I was thinking.

How soon the secondary gets going will be key as well to wrap around more moisture back to the NW

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Rgem still goes warm past 48. Gonna need one more tick south for interior SNE to get more than 2". GFS might get it done actually but barely...esp north of pike. It's prob a bit light on the snowfall clown maps because it warms the sfc a little too fast. 

We want to try and see a secondary squeeze south and over CC. That would lock in the sfc at least. Might take a little more than that to keep 900 cold but even a delay or slowing down of the WAA would mean the diff between 1" and 4-5". 

I’m just trying to keep us 32 or below and rain free. The more I look at this today, the less snowy it looks . Maybe 1-2 but I’d prefer ice instead of snow wipe out warm rainer 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m just trying to keep us 32 or below and rain free. The more I look at this today, the less snowy it looks . Maybe 1-2 but I’d prefer ice instead of snow wipe out warm rainer 

Snow isnt getting wiped out where you are. Even if it goes warm, it's like low 40s for 4 hours or something. But there's a chance it stays colder at sfc. We'll see. 

I'd like the quick 3" thump because then you prob get a net gainer in the interior in that scenario. 

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'd sell, Will.

Archived