SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9, 2017 Snow Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe it and I bet most here won't either, but I measured a final total of 8 inches here in Fleetwood. No slant stick or estimation either. I measured in the grass, car top, and deck just to make sure. Not only did I not have a Winter Weather Advisory until the 12:00 update, but I surpassed Winter Storm Warning criteria as well. Light snow continues to fall here as well.

I can't believe it and I bet most here won't either, but I measured a final total of 8 inches here in Fleetwood. No slant stick or estimation either. I measured in the grass, car top, and deck just to make sure. Not only did I not have a Winter Weather Advisory until the 12:00 update, but I surpassed Winter Storm Warning criteria as well. Light snow continues to fall here as well.

Same here man. Great start to winter!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Newman said:

I believe you, here in NE Philly on my deck/cold surfaces I easily have 5-6" and you guys were in a similar band that we're in now...

10 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Currently 30F with SN & fog.  Have gradually been getting bigger flakes the past hour and up to about 3.5", although I expect it is probably starting to compact.

Just sat outside for a while enjoying would looks like the last decent band, and yeah, nice size flakes....Took another measurement just now and we're up to 4.2" with some light-mod snow still falling. A really enjoyable Saturday....

21 minutes ago, Newman said:

I beleve it. You were sitting under that nice band for a good part of the day. Congratulations. 

27 minutes ago, Newman said:

I believe it, measured 4.50" at 8pm and I had a 4 hour storm intermission

4.5" here in Warminster looks like will be the final tally, few lazy flakes still falling but shouldn't amount to any additional accums. Congrats to those folks that lolli'd under the convergence banding N and W of here!! Totally happy with our first event of the very young season. Now off to track the next threat :D

As of 11am (Saturday) 5.0" total, 2.4" yesterday and 2.6" today. Still just a few flakes floating down but the end is nigh. Was hoping for another inch or two but not bad at all. Looks pretty out there! It seems  many ofl you in the Philly area did better than first thought. That's nice. It is cool when we all get a nice thump.

6 hours ago, Newman said:

You should let NBC10 know how many flurries you got 

Ironic how the areas farther N and W like Berks Co, part of the LV, Fleetwood, etc received higher amounts than those areas just S and E of I95 that were forecast to receive the highest totals. Looking over the NWS storm total reports verifies this. A general 3-6" snowfall was the theme over extreme SE PA with areas under those stationary banding frontogenic convergence/lift zones to the N and W getting 5-9" in an arc from Fleetwood thru around Pottstown then NW of Q-town. Other lolli's sprinkled throughout the area as well. Fun storm. Hopefully a sign of things to come this winter.

Archived