Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 9th 2017 Crusha Obs

Rjay

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the "trained spotter" from Whitestone is here, not sure how in the hell you measured 3.1". 3.1" was on pavement. That's not how you measure snow.

I have a professional snow board setup. Multiple ones. In 3 spots.

All 3 measured 4.7", 5.2", 4.8"

Matching KLGA and KNYC.

Stop sending in reports to Upton if you don't know how to measure.

3 minutes ago, ag3 said:

If the "trained spotter" from Whitestone is here, not sure how in the hell you measured 3.1". 3.1" was on pavement. That's not how you measure snow.

Matching KLGA and KNYC.

I heard it was Warlock or Snowman.

8 minutes ago, ag3 said:

NYC official stations:

LGA: 4.6"

NYC: 4.6"

EWR: 4.3"

JFK: 3.4"

ISP: 1.3"

BDR: 4.4"

I know I am beating the dead horse, but the BDR report is low as always. I hate how they represent the CT shoreline when their totals are always 20% below what they really are. 

Anyways 6.0 for Easton CT

9 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Matching KLGA and KNYC.

Yeah I don't even pay attention to many of those snow reports put out by the nws...trust our posters  here for more accurate reports.

8 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

I heard it was Warlock or Snowman.

It's a shame Upton just takes "trained spotters" reports and accepts them over mine. I have given them hundreds of accurate reports over the last 15+ years that almost always match KLGA and when they don't match, it's because LGA was suffering from borderline temps.

I have 3 SEPARATE snow board setups on my 80' x 120' lot. No one has a more accurate portrayal.

15 minutes ago, ag3 said:

It's a shame Upton just takes "trained spotters" reports and accepts them over mine. I have given them hundreds of accurate reports over the last 15+ years that almost always match KLGA and when they don't match, it's because LGA was suffering from borderline temps.

I have 3 SEPARATE snow board setups on my 80' x 120' lot. No one has a more accurate portrayal.

Reading the snowfall reports is one of the more amusing things to do only followed by reading what people report as snow depth LOL

35 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Solid 4-6" widespread storm on LE between 0.4 and 0.5

Great job by the models for this one, it gives me hope for future storms. 

Unless you live down south where the modeling greatly under estimated the snowfall amounts (not that we would complain too much if that happened up here lol)

6 hours ago, Snowshack said:

You must have been very close to the eastern fringe.   Drove from Wading river to hauppauge this morning and looked like an inch or less the whole way.  Grass is sticking through at the rinx in hauppauge.  

I think that was the case.  We were close to 2" as of around 6:30 and then got less than 2" the rest of the night although we did finally get under a couple of decent bands including this one towards the tail end.

20171210-0309OKX.jpg

7 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

I think that was the case.  We were close to 2" as of around 6:30 and then got less than 2" the rest of the night although we did finally get under a couple of decent bands including this one towards the tail end.

20171210-0309OKX.jpg

Snow map shows the sharp cutoff just to your east. 4.5” + from dix Hills north and Commack west. You were on the border. Setauket reported 3.5”, and centerport 4.8” (before the final band). The nw suffolk border was probably close to 6”. I was up there around 5 pm and there was already 3.5”. 

44 minutes ago, SnowBlitzkrieg said:

I have to wonder WTF Upton was seeing last night when they predicted an additional 4-6 inches for the western two thirds of Suffolk at 4pm. we ended up with barely 2" here and most of it fell before 4pm.

Half of my accumulating snow fell after 7pm.  Had ~2" by ~3pm and had no further accumulation until after 7pm. 

Archived