Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 9th 2017 Crusha Obs

Rjay

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

Just came in from a nice long lunch at Hailey's in Metuchen and then a walk and a quick shovel. Had 1.5" around 12:30 pm and we now have 4.0" as of 4:00 pm and it's coming down moderately.  Latest HRRR is showing another 1-2" for most of the Philly-NYC corridor (less south/more north), so I'm thinking we're going to make a run at 6" here in Metuchen.  

Also, while most treated and/or well-traveled roads are mostly wet with some slush, side streets are snow-covered, as temps are in the 29-31F range; however, as sunset is coming, expect the snow to accumulate easily on all untreated roads starting around now, so travel is going to become more hazardous very soon - be safe out there.  

As always, thanks for your reports! I was out cleaning too; heavy snow yo have to be  careful with, but not too bad on the snowblower.

5 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Precip strengthening over LI. You don't need those bands in NJ or PA.

Well see, as of right now pretty disappointed that we have double here on the UWS what I have at home. Hopefully the final bands don’t just disappear but rather rotate through and Iran shows on the island for several more hours

16 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

It's improving.  Light snow is better than no snow.  The stuff to my SW looks better, but don't know if it will be too transient.  We'll see. 

Something tells me I should be happy if we even make it to 3"

This isn’t our storm. I’m pushing 2” now and we can’t maintain moderate snow for more than 30 min. This coastal is a piece of garbage and isn’t doing the job. Nice event but no need for the warnings 

3 minutes ago, psv88 said:

This isn’t our storm. I’m pushing 2” now and we can’t maintain moderate snow for more than 30 min. This coastal is a piece of garbage and isn’t doing the job. Nice event but no need for the warnings 

Need the warning up here, not even an advisory, and some should hit 6 or more under these bands

6 minutes ago, psv88 said:

You are lucky.  I haven't seen anything close to moderate snow.  

Steady light snow at the moment...about as good as it's been.  1.8" as of 6:15.

We were at 4" and ripping snow pretty well at 4 pm and then we fell under one of those subsidence "bands" with light precip since then, with heavier bands to our SE and NW, so we're now only at 4.75" as of 6 pm.  Hoping those bands continue to fill in - would love to get to 6" for this storm.  About to head to the RU hoops game.  

9 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

You are lucky.  I haven't seen anything close to moderate snow.  

Steady light snow at the moment...about as good as it's been.  1.8" as of 6:15.

From 2-3pm it came down hard. Drove To Huntington station and there was a lot more snow. They are probably pushing 4” now. 

Nice burst past 30 min, approaching 3” now

Archived