• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9th 2017 Crusha Obs

Rjay

Just came in from a nice long lunch at Hailey's in Metuchen and then a walk and a quick shovel. Had 1.5" around 12:30 pm and we now have 4.0" as of 4:00 pm and it's coming down moderately.  Latest HRRR is showing another 1-2" for most of the Philly-NYC corridor (less south/more north), so I'm thinking we're going to make a run at 6" here in Metuchen.  

Also, while most treated and/or well-traveled roads are mostly wet with some slush, side streets are snow-covered, as temps are in the 29-31F range; however, as sunset is coming, expect the snow to accumulate easily on all untreated roads starting around now, so travel is going to become more hazardous very soon - be safe out there.  

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4:15 p.m. 

An even 3" with steady light snow still falling.  Temperature 25.  

Lesser accum on roads but has been accumulating everywhere since event started mid morning.

Impressed at how far west best banding setup today (well into eastern PA) especially with sfc feature quite a distance offshore.

Event has over performed on western edge.

22 minutes ago, nzucker said:

A bit over 3" in the Bronx. 31/29, moderate snow continues.

Took a walk in Bronx Park, had a nice view of the Bronx River.

20171209_143003-756x1008.jpg

20171209_143557-756x1008.jpg

20171209_153751-756x1008.jpg

Your around my way. I walked though the park too, took the scenic route through the park earlier instead of on Bx Pk East itself.

I measured just over 3" on grass. More like 2" on pavement. 

16 minutes ago, SnowBlitzkrieg said:

upton must be expecting a huge band to come through tonight because they just upped totals, the low end pinpoint has 4-5 across the island

We'll see-a lot of what's over NJ and PA will be pivoting through but hopefully at the same strength as they've had. LI for the most part has been in a dry slot or showery intensity so far. 

28 minutes ago, dWave said:

Your around my way. I walked though the park too, took the scenic route through the park earlier instead of on Bx Pk East itself.

I measured just over 3" on grass. More like 2" on pavement. 

Yes I live on Waring Avenue right by Williamsbridge Road.

Need to measure again but have to have 4" by now. Radar looks decent, too. Still have that NW flow convergence band near ABE as well, hope that gets here before it dries up.

Archived