Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 9th 2017 Crusha Obs

Rjay

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not jumping ship, but radars meh.. even short terms back down from totals...and airs super dry currently.. virga imo, until it’s too late...will see

Doesn’t it look like everything will scoot off shore? Not a pro here, so am I missing something? NWS says it’ll arrive; though I feel like I’ve seen this show before.

4 minutes ago, North and West said:

Doesn’t it look like everything will scoot off shore? Not a pro here, so am I missing something? NWS says it’ll arrive; though I feel like I’ve seen this show before.

I’ve been burnt with dry air ALOT.. that’s my concern... but if I look at short terms 14z in some cases is the arrival, interesting track nonetheless 

16 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Not jumping ship, but radars meh.. even short terms back down from totals...and airs super dry currently.. virga imo, until it’s too late...will see

Precip is blossoming from W VA up through EPA. Will take awhile to saturate column but looks to me like a nice training heavier band setting up in there that will be aligned acrossfar E PA/WNJ and arcing somewhere through the HV. Only going to get more pronounced as day progresses and the energy out west draws closer and pumps the jet

7 minutes ago, North and West said:

I’m thinking the same thing. I think we end up on the lower end of things. Maybe 3” in the Park and 5” for island.   

Temps also never fell as expected overnight on the island and in the metro. Obviously we will wet bulb as dews are low but will it be enough? With lesser rates it’s going to have a hard time accumulating on anything but grass.

6 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I’m thinking the same thing. I think we end up on the lower end of things. Maybe 3” in the Park and 5” for island.   

Temps also never fell as expected overnight on the island and in the metro. Obviously we will wet bulb as dews are low but will it be enough? With lesser rates it’s going to have a hard time accumulating on anything but grass.

Dec 9 take it and run lol

45 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

..my temp holding steady & 33.6*...NWS discussion had precip. moving in off the ocean..SE to NE.

but it actually looks like its coming from SW to the NE..looks to be racing NE ward..still concerned i mix

or change to rain.

7 minutes ago, tim said:

..my temp holding steady & 33.6*...NWS discussion had precip. moving in off the ocean..SE to NE.

but it actually looks like its coming from SW to the NE..looks to be racing NE ward..still concerned i mix

or change to rain.

The mix concerns are legit in eastern Suffolk. Last nights EURO has the mix very close to me, and perhaps over your head. Just going to have to monitor, there's going to be a coastal front situation.

Archived