• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 9, 2017 - Storm Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Ended up with 71/2 inches in Southington, CT.   Got into some real nice banding from 4 pm on...great first storm.  Didn’t think we’d finish that well.  Long duration beautiful appeal...real nice storm.  

Was out for the evening and driving on I-84 and I-91 was very dicey...even in a 4wheel drive full size pick up. This was a legit storm!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

Nice.....I guess you figured out how to do it.  The best part of pictures like this is how they appear almost as black and whites.

The always reliable gusts have kicked in.  Between the snow blowing and the ongoing flurries, we can breathe easy:  winter has arrived.

7 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Nice.....I guess you figured out how to do it.  The best part of pictures like this is how they appear almost as black and whites.

Emailed it to myself as smallest possible and downloaded. Also had to delete past pics from like 2010. I'll throw some bucks to the site to get more storage. 

4.3" here on 0.26" LE, ratio 16.5, much higher than I'd expected, and surprising because flakes were small.  Zero wind helped, also helped the landscape look like Scooter's pics even though it was mid-20s powder here.   Tops for Maine so far (downeast precincts had not yet reported) was +/-7" on the midcoast.

19 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

With another far western jack just south and east of Albany. Saw an 8" report there.

It was apparent that was going to be the case based on the band that staked claim in the area.

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This definitely outperformed my personal Forecast.   I thought 4” was the upper limit for me

Where’s Jerry’s head...

Outperformed mine--I had 3" as an upper limit here.  I think there's a good chance (more likely than not) that I beat yesterday's total tomorrow night/Tuesday.

Just now, mjd_tech said:

About the same in Beverly. Just enough to fire up the blower. These old bones don't like shoveling paste.

We had no mixing either. The CF was pinned to Cape Ann and eastern PYM county. Modeled very well.

So this is my first stab at this and it sounds funny...but the Swiss modeled nailed the temps around here. Had it right at 32 and then dropping in evening. All other models were too warm and we sort of discussed that about the biases this time of year.

Archived