Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9, 2017 - Storm Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Actually, NWS GSP stated it's overdone because of unrealistic snow-liquid ratio. It'll be corrected to lower number... again. 

They need a new observer there.

I agree. they should just measure it when all is said and done, even with compaction so the amount will be more realistic. Never measure super fluffy snow every 6 hours or less.  IT inflates the results way too much.  This has been proven over and over again.

1 minute ago, codfishsnowman said:

looking like just under 6....very nice event

hope the C&I comes through later....wetter than I thought too

Best chance for anything redeveloping is over SE MA. With the northern stream not digging as much as advertised yesterday and the day before, the hangback potential isn't as good.

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

7.0" here in Death Valley! 

0.55" liquid out of the deal... and the final 2.0" after 8 p.m. had a L.E. of only 0.1"... so we finished with a nice fluffy topper! 

All your angst last night, lol I was worried we would find you in the Ct river on Eweathers time lapse floating by

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

All your angst last night, lol I was worried we would find you in the Ct river on Eweathers time lapse floating by

Yeah I was not optimistic this morning lol

SE CT really got screwed too. Models suck figuring out banding... even the higher res stuff really struggled. 

Archived