Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9, 2017 - Storm Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wow, SE part of Ct Valley doing well.   Yesterday I told my friend on the Amherst Belchertown line he should look forward to 4-6" so there it is.  

Greenfield is full on Currier and Ives snow globe mode now with moderate snow so maybe get to 4.5".  Win for all of W MA. 

Good call.  I was thinking 4.5 yesterday morning but was less bullish after 06z runs today.  Very pleased and still coming down.

Legit.  Hellish drive to Natick and back.  Left the show at intermission and fell in front of the theater banging my head.  Before I got up I managed to make a snow angel.  Home now and the snow party continues.   Legit snowstorm and we cracked the season seal with gusto.  TX to ME-not bad!

13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You don't bring up big beers w/o telling what brewery it is, unless it is your own home brew. 

I used to home brew, but then we decided to open a brewery.  automated temperature controlled brewing

This is a 7/5/16 bottle of  Stone Wootstout   quarter aged in bourbon barrels brewed with pecans and wheat.    I almost popped my 2013 Firestone Sucuba since its near its last possible aging point, but I just cant pull the trigger.

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Legit.  Hellish drive to Natick and back.  Left the show at intermission and fell in front of the theater banging my head.  Before I got up I managed to make a snow angel.  Home now and the snow party continues.   Legit snowstorm and we cracked the season seal with gusto.  TX to ME-not bad!

Jerry man be careful, pick up some good boots. Seriously   You are one broken hip away from being sidelined 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Jerry man be careful, pick up some good boots. Seriously   You are one broken hip away from being sidelined 

I know!  I was an idiot and wore regular shoes.  My car was parked 3 hours and 3 inches accumulated.   Fatties continue but that fall was another lesson and a lucky one though this will be a whiskey night..lol.

12 minutes ago, The Graupler said:

I used to home brew, but then we decided to open a brewery.  automated temperature controlled brewing

This is a 7/5/16 bottle of  Stone Wootstout   quarter aged in bourbon barrels brewed with pecans and wheat.    I almost popped my 2013 Firestone Sucuba since its near its last possible aging point, but I just cant pull the trigger.

That's funny, I kind of guessed it was a Stone!   I work at People's Pint Brewery in Greenfield.   (Sales and distribution manager) 

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I know!  I was an idiot and wore regular shoes.  My car was parked 3 hours and 3 inches accumulated.   Fatties continue but that fall was another lesson and a lucky one though this will be a whiskey night..lol.

This will be updated soon

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/winter_storm_summaries/storm22/stormsum_6.html

22 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I  always keep a pair of yaktrax in the car in the winter and boots by the door with some type of micro-spikes. Being just shy of 50 and living rural I don't need any falls that break bones. 

Archived