Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 9, 2017 - Storm Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Well, bud...in case you have't heard, we're MOVING!  (for real!)  Check out our office newsletter for details (Prevailing Winds).

Gotta get back to work.

Good to see you here Steve!

Eleanor 

Hi Turtle!  I was actually thinking about you the other day.  Hope you are well.  BOX is moving?!?!   

Just got home from a day I never BTV.  4.5 inches so far.  Ride home was not fun  Saw the obligatory SUV and pickup against the barriers on 89.  From Bethel to Sharon 89 appeared untreated though north of there it was wet in one lane.  Last 7 miles on back roads were quiet and beautiful.

1 minute ago, klw said:

Just got home from a day I never BTV.  4.5 inches so far.  Ride home was not fun  Saw the obligatory SUV and pickup against the barriers on 89.  From Bethel to Sharon 89 appeared untreated though north of there it was wet in one lane.  Last 7 miles on back roads were quiet and beautiful.

Never fails. 

Hell with this, going to crack a 13% Imperial Stout been aging in the cellar.  If I get bombed enough I'll go shovel the porches.  Snows Slowing down and radar looks to be backing off.  I'm a hair under 4" right now, hopefully it's a tad warmer than projected tomorrow and some of this slop goes away.

6 minutes ago, The Graupler said:

Hell with this, going to crack a 13% Imperial Stout been aging in the cellar.  If I get bombed enough I'll go shovel the porches.  Snows Slowing down and radar looks to be backing off.  I'm a hair under 4" right now, hopefully it's a tad warmer than projected tomorrow and some of this slop goes away.

You don't bring up big beers w/o telling what brewery it is, unless it is your own home brew. 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Still more snow all night, but the early high spots seeem to be much of WC and NE CT up into C / NE Ma. But everyone did well overall 

I'm with ya Damage in Toland.  What you said seems to be correct.  Good storm overall.  Reading the latest posts and spotters it appears between Southwest CT, northeast through Hartford, Worcester, Shrewsbury, Littleton, Billerica, Burlington, North Woburn, Wilmington, Andover, and a little east/northeast of there seems will end up with a 6-8" zone.  Not bad at all.  Thank goodness that primary bad stayed.  Let the good times roll.:guitar:

Archived