Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 9, 2017 - Storm Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

I was always expecting on the lower end of the guidance here...despite Uptons forecast of 4-8”. But still always a little bit of a bummer when the good banding misses you by 20 miles. Still, any snow before Christmas on the shoreline is good snow in my book.

yes I have lived that nightmare dozens of times the last 10-15 years here! it never gets easier if you love snow....

Looking like that band is collapsing east and merging with the redevelopment that was down by HPN, by far the best snow of the event right now, but looks like maybe a couple more hours and we're done here, just north of 5", surprised the hell out of me when snow growth and the best banding has been just SE of me... pretty stoked for a good snow pack starter!! Looks like it's going to hang around for a bit too with reinforcing cold blast next week!

As expected, some of the best rates of the storm in the past hour in eastern MA.

I'm guessing we'll end up at least 5.5" in Brookline with 1 or 2 more good bands through midnight. Awesome season opener: relatively straightforward forecast, spread the goods throughout most of SNE, and really pretty right now.

IMG_6917_smaller.thumb.jpeg.576268c32260229264873fb946000ab9.jpeg

Archived