Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 9, 2017 - Storm Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

Despite the QPF, that area getting it now was what I said to look for. HFD into adjacent MA and srn NH. It seems like despite the soundings showing weird things with the DGZ(I was doubting how good it would be) ...it was saturated enough to dump the goods.

I was a bit skeptical too...the soundings didn't look amazing, but it could have gone either way. The temps and lift lined up well, but the saturation was kind of ugly at times on a few soundings.

Anyways, ripping here pretty good. Looks like some of the further eastern folk that got a break for a bit should get a nice round again soon...models kind of had another burst between 23z-00z and until 04z.

Despite the QPF, that area getting it now was what I said to look for. HFD into adjacent MA and srn NH. It seems like despite the soundings showing weird things with the DGZ(I was doubting how good it would be) ...it was saturated enough to dump the goods.

20 min south of HFD and been going all day here. Just measured 4”

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

In Albany?  I think it's just getting lucky with deform banding set-up. 

I know.  IT's true that there's the extra up lift plus better ratios.  Here futher east in the second primary band, it's regular ratio snow with more precipital water amounts.

12 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

1” in last 25 minutes. Can someone please explain he heavy band forming over Albany?

59b0be0b7d5fb0ad8b572442cf60570a.jpg

I know the time-height plots had decent lift in the DGZ around H5-H6 around here on the models a couple days ago with decent saturation in the column below that...so it must be an upper level band. 

Archived