SnowHabit
December 9, 2017 - Storm Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

4” at MHT with 2” in the last hour

METAR KMHT 092053Z 35004KT 3/4SM R35/5000VP6000FT -SN BR VV010 M01/M02 A2981 RMK
                 AO2 TWR VIS 1 SLP114 SNINCR 2/4 P0004 60012 T10111017 56025 =

Surprised.  Radar looked pretty unimpressive during that hour.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Pretty impressive band that seems all connected from just west of BWI in the Mid-Atlantic, up through the Catskills, ALB, S.VT, MWN to Sunday River and Sugarloaf in Maine.

Then looks like there's a second band from like MHT to ORH to HFD or so.

Dec_9.gif.1de10883326b67a65631087dfe70d843.gif

You absolutely have to laugh at that dryslot over this area. The proverbial porking happened here. Snow from Texas to Maine and this is the area that gets screwed 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Pretty impressive band that seems all connected from just west of BWI in the Mid-Atlantic, up through the Catskills, ALB, S.VT, MWN to Sunday River and Sugarloaf in Maine.

Then looks like there's a second band from like MHT to ORH to HFD or so.

Dec_9.gif.1de10883326b67a65631087dfe70d843.gif

It's not just one band. It's two.  The one you show here and one very simliar one east of there from the mid-Atlantic to the Northwest burbs of Boston.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You absolutely have to laugh at that dryslot over this area. The proverbial porking happened here. Snow from Texas to Maine and this is the area that gets screwed 

Yeah, so my friend in Houston had 2 inches of snow, I live in Plymouth, MA and it's raining...so he can brag this storm brought him more snow than parts of New England

Just now, Greg said:

It's not just one band. It's two.  The one you show here and one very simliar one east of there from the mid-Atlantic to the Northwest burbs of Boston.

Yeah in the post you quoted I had "Then looks like there's a second band from like MHT to ORH to HFD or so."  but yeah it looks like that goes down through NYC and southward too.

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You and NW VT in that radar I posted, lol.  Snow everywhere else.  We can drink together tonight ;).  Though I do feel for you, we'll find some other ways to snow.

#gladwedon'tlivethere

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah in the post you quoted I had "Then looks like there's a second band from like MHT to ORH to HFD or so."  but yeah it looks like that goes down through NYC and southward too.

My bad, sorry.  I just read that from your post.:rolleyes:

Archived