Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9, 2017 - Storm Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eyewall said:

8-10 inches of snow has fallen just northwest of Atlanta, GA so far.

That's a county north of my backyard, where we have about 6" on the ground after some melt and compression.  But power's out at home so the husband is conserving his phone juice and not sending me regular updates.  More snow has fallen since that last update, and there is a second round on the way.

Meanwhile I'm here in Freeport ME and will post obs if I'm near a computer when something starts happening.

5 minutes ago, S&P said:

37/33, think whatever snow falls during daylight hours will be with temps above freezing, maybe well above here. wind SSE never a good sign here, but its all good less time spent on snow removal

Your wind should go north once the low gets closer or you start mixing a little better...it's prob just localized meso effect right now. I think you'll prob be above freezing but I doubt you'll be sitting at like 35 or 36 the whole storm. You should wetbulb pretty close to freezing. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Your wind should go north once the low gets closer or you start mixing a little better...it's prob just localized meso effect right now. I think you'll prob be above freezing but I doubt you'll be sitting at like 35 or 36 the whole storm. You should wetbulb pretty close to freezing. 

yeah , thanks wind direction here makes all the difference, especially on dec 9

Archived