Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ATreglown said:

Snowing good in N.Prince George VA. Despite the rain today, it is sticking. Currently 34/32.

It's post like this that make me think accumulations tomorrow in the I95 corridor won't be as bad as some have stated. It is very cold aloft, much colder than most of our storms, so tgterr should be decent accumulations soon after it starts. Our nemesis will be the dry air thanks to the GL low.  But hopefully it works out for all.

33/ 20 ...looking forward to nowcasting tomorrow morning . Im not staying up tonight...snow shouldn't start way up here until 5-7am probably. 

Lol mappy..same vitals.

Agreed. My kid will let me know at 6am when she wakes whether it’s snowing or not.

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

HRRR suggests different... but it is at range

Well it depends what you consider a long time. HRRR doesn't start the snow here for another 11hrs, and doesn't get it north of DC until 9hrs. Thats a long time to watch the radar train IMO.

8 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

When my wife gets back later this evening,  we're going on a road trip south. I'm thinking about going down Rt. 2 south of Annapolis to Wes Country. After last year, I just can't wait any longer!!!!!!!

Route 2 through southern AA county into Calvert should be a pretty drive right after it snows. 

2 minutes ago, Jebman said:

We might as well all go down there, I am only gonna get a car topper, I'm too far northwest. Besides, when you get stuck in the deep snow in Calvert, who's gonna dig you out?

If you only get a car topper then this was an exercise in futility.  I think you will do better than car topper in The city of Dale.

Just now, BristowWx said:

If you only get a car topper then this was an exercise in futility.  I think you will do better than car topper in The city of Dale.

The best part of any storm, is tracking it. It has been a great ride, even if all I get IS a car topper, lol.

It's been fun tracking it and pretending it is December 2013.

5 minutes ago, Midlo Snow Maker said:

Almost 2" here snowing moderately

Midlo! Welcome Back! Hey how much snow in your yard? Still running those blizzard makers?

Could you please come to Dale City and run those blizzard machines for a week? Enough for me to happily dig snow for a month?

Archived