SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from a KILLER walk with the dog. I know every inch of every trail at the nature center but something about doing it in the snow makes the place really special. I'm close to 2" now. Not sure how much I'll end up with but 2.5" seems like a good guess right now. 

7N1yhZD.jpg

This is my illegal skating pond tucked back in the woods away from everybody. It's the perfect size and the deepest is only 5-6'. If you skate the perimeter the worst case is 2-3' deep so you would have to try hard to kill yourself. Hopefully it gets 3" thick in Dec. 

pqWzMKZ.jpg

Fresh tracks on Tall Pine Trail

awmR4FX.jpg

Upper Meadow has nice coverage

vdgC9HL.jpg

You can't get away with skating this pond but I always love this view of it

8XqXC1S.jpg

Just now, supernovasky said:

Beautiful pictures @Bob Chill. I think we have a great chance to break 3, radar looks good.

They all came out a little blurry but captured the mood for sure. Flakes kept hitting the lens and making it wet. Which I'd much prefer to no flakes falling. lol

I didn't see a single person back there. It made my day for sure. Being a snow weenie is weird but harmless. haha

6 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I think we stand a good chance at cracking 3" here in Gaithersburg. Especially with these rates. Interestingly enough the streets and sidewalks have not caved at all, but it is definitely building up on non-paved surfaces.

Yea, Laytonsville to Rockville to Travilah north and west will probably hit 3" easy.  Damascus will probably jackpot at 4".  Snow ticked up over the past half hour here in Reisterstown.  Closing in on 2.5".  Sidewalks just gave up.

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Looks like HGR is reporting snow again...some echoes returning again west of I-81.  Should ensure we at least precipitate through sunset.

It will all come down to how much the UL dynamics can wring things as it swings through. Next 2-3 hours look pretty good but the pulses are impossible to predict. AKQ radar looks the best it's looked all day. Things are getting organized for the last hurrah. If I break 3" I'll be thrilled. 1" was my win/lose bar and 3" was next level. Just need a band to park for an hour and I should get there...

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It will all come down to how much the UL dynamics can wring things as it swings through. Next 2-3 hours look pretty good but the pulses are impossible to predict. AKQ radar looks the best it's looked all day. Things are getting organized for the last hurrah. If I break 3" I'll be thrilled. 1" was my win/lose bar and 3" was next level. Just need a band to park for an hour and I should get there...

Clarksburg and a co-worker in Damascus are reporting M3.0" so you should be set.  Classic Montgomery County setup.

Archived