joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sporadic drizzle with 38 degrees. Nice and toasty. Good thing we got those low dewpoints phew!

I know I always brag about I dont panic.

I got a major confession to make here. I do feel some low grade panic, after all. I have liquid drizzle, its 38 degrees and my dewpoint is UP TO 27 DEGREES already.

What if temps can't fall far enough overnight, because dews are too high?

I know. I am panicking just like a frackin' rookie. Over an inch of snow. geeze.

You know last winter was horrific, only 2 inches on the season, when we got panic over dumb assed dewpoints and an inch of accumulation, and I am ashamed. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

NAh, it's all well modeled. The earliest we'll get precip going is around 11pm-midnight and that will be in the SE zones. 

yea this isn't really our storm so most of the good precip will obviously be south and east.  energy will lift up into our area at some point, precip will fill in, and we should get our 1-3"+.

Haven't had much time today to keep up with things, but noticed the NWS products are out and there is a WSW for So MD and much of the Delmarva. Be interesting to see if the lower shore does jackpot as models suggest. I have a feeling they will do well but lower ratios and possible mixing will keep accums down a bit. My point and click here is 1-3 tonight and 2-4 tomorrow. We shall see. Let er rip!

9 minutes ago, SlowerLowerDE said:

Tiny snow flakes started here in lower Delaware at 2:50 pm.   Steady light snow is falling now.  Temp just lowered to 36.  I thought this was not suppossed to happen till late tonight.  I think just about everyone is going to do well as this seems to be over performing already.  

IMG_2204.JPG

1st wave of precip is over-performing. That should help the temperature cool down for you folks.

Changeover happened in Richmond proper around 2:30 PM—way ahead of schedule based on everything everyone’s been saying. It’s been moderate snow since.

For reference, I’m in Monroe Ward, on the corners of Grace St. and Monroe St.

Unless something changes, I think DT’s forecast will end up being on the conservative side.

17 minutes ago, SlowerLowerDE said:

Tiny snow flakes started here in lower Delaware at 2:50 pm.   Steady light snow is falling now.  Temp just lowered to 36.  I thought this was not suppossed to happen till late tonight.  I think just about everyone is going to do well as this seems to be over performing already.  

IMG_2204.JPG

I think you are gonna jackpot there. Probably 8"+. Keep us posted!

Archived