Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

Climo > models. Every early december coastal is the same.

So true. This event played out like countless others during early season. Luckily there were no ptype issues but still, the reports around the area confirm what we've known and witnessed for many year. 

A lot of us only half jokingly brought up the northern tier would win the accum piece of the storm and they did. 

I ended with 3.5 and I assume close to .35 LE. Pretty much exactly what the euro said with the back to back runs leading in. All models screwed up the SoMD jackpot though. Part of the storm did not evolved as first thought. Things got disorganized for quite a while as the storm got going off the coast. Eastern NC had some some heavy rain last night but heavy precip didn't push north like models showed. The snow part for the corridor and west was handled really well. Especially onset of the good precip and shutoff. All in all for our sub, this was mostly a win and not a bust. 

Got home to find just under an inch on the ground...never got above freezing today.  Certainly a little jealous of those east of me...fringed here to say the least.  Happy that this event panned out for the region tho...good sign to get on the board region wide in early Dec...cant wait to track another one!

Archived