Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Nice eastern HoCo band just started jammin. 

Yeah, it's working now.  Amazing how much better it accumulates with the sun down, even this time of year when the sun angle is the lowest possible already.  I think we'll be able to hang on until 7pm or so.  

46 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Just got back from an enjoyable day of Christmas shopping in the snow. Measured 1.75 inches and hoping to hit 2 before it all ends.

Darn you need to move 10 miles south... seems Hanover always gets screwed compared to here and it's so close. 5 min drive up 30 from me. 

Yeah seriously...what is it with this corridor? Lol No sun angle and still struggled with the pavement! Just imagine had it come while it was still dark! 

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah, it's working now.  Amazing how much better it accumulates with the sun down, even this time of year when the sun angle is the lowest possible already.  I think we'll be able to hang on until 7pm or so.  

18 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Last hurrah moving through. Not as heavy as earlier but it looks freekin sweet outside. Christmas lights and powder snow up and down the street. Real deal early winter event. Should finish out with 3.5"

You serious? I’ll be lucky to see 1.5” when all is said and done. I’ll rely on local spotters to verify.

Archived