Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Send it east when you’re done with it my friend!

These final pushes are always tricky. Sometimes it looks like someone hits a switch and turns it off regardless of how radar is progressing and other times it turns up the juice. Right now it looks like the latter but always a coin flip.  Shutoff around 7pm so still some time for some number padding if it keeps up. 

1 minute ago, RVAman said:

Is anyone thinking this front to the west near WV is going to be stronger than anticipated?? It looks like its building right behind this low and will clip it, I've said it several times. Definitely something to keep an eye on. 

There's dry air in between and the mountains are going to eat the stuff the stuff to the west. Once this final wave pushes through in a couple hours that should be it. 

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

That's because that bad boy is starting to bend back. I wish I was in CT or MA for this one.

http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_wv.php?inv=0&t=l3&region=us

That was the only part that kept me optimistic.  I saw models back building bands until they finally dissolved, instead of collapsing them to the east.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Not bad but needs to work on his slant sticking.

Haha. He definitely slant sticked ;)

I measure on a specific spot that generally tends to not settle, and the yard has been walked across a few times. Its on top of a piece of wood. We're actually closer to 3" right now on that particular spot. 

Loved taking him out for his first measurement though.

Archived