Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

If this band stays much longer, I'm going to break 4" in this storm easy.

Sidewalks are white now :D

34dbz right over my house.

image.png?width=920&height=879

You and @bobchill probably got about 45min - an hour...band isn't moving east too fast.  Laytonsville and Damascus probably will push 4.5"

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Folks, last year was hell. We had to claw for every snowflake we got and it wasn't a lot. Half our snow was actually 

The year before had the blizzard, but misery bookended it. 

The year before, it sucked until we got on an epic heater. 

I don't know about you, but measurable snow on 12/9, my first Dec snow since being here is wonderful. 72 hours ago this was a pipe dream. 

Go outside, do a 4 mile jebwalk, and just enjoy what it is to be alive and healthy and happy. 

I can't believe it's been this long since we had a real December snow. I think the last time was Dec 2013, and even then not everyone got much. Same with late December 2012 (I think?). Before that you'd have to go all the way back to December 2009.

Just now, snjókoma said:

What was that storm in 2015 where the N/W suburbs got into a megaband for 4 hours and got like 10" before it scooted east? February 26th? The current radar reminds me of that.

Pretty sure like Feb 21-22nd. Not sure if we're talking about the same storm, but CAD along with heavy banding brought about 6-10" of snow for us and points East before turning to ice/freezing rain

31 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Was there ever any doubt that the northerners would cash in? I saw a PSU post this morning saying he thought they were in trouble :lol: 

Congrats everyone

I can't break character. It's been working.  Measured 4" on my deck before leaving for Westminster to do some holiday shopping 15 mins ago. Might make a run at 5 if this last band holds together.  

Archived