Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I’ll get out there and take a picture of the 2” measurement as soon as my son goes to bed. It has been steady all day so far. It’s as good as any event last year for me.

Being from New Orleans(I think that's what you said), you deserve a good event. Believe it or not, we can score some sweet ones around here. Our snow climatology at Dulles is very similar to Philadelphia and NYC. 

7 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Nice scene in Germantown. No issue on roads though. That’s not surprising as temps were fringe and rates mostly only light/steady/occasional mod maybe. Quality event for early December.

Our RWIS network shows road temps of 33-35 degrees.  Once the sun goes down there might be some issues if the snow persists.

Right at an inch here just North of Vienna - about 4 miles from Tysons.  Steady at 30.  Asphalt started to cave about an hour ago, before it lightened up.  Probably the "heaviest" all day now, but still mod sn at best.

Did anyone see the 10"/hr rate measured up in Alaska a few days ago?  That would be something to see... 

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I’m just going to say it. I have lost complete interest in this. Y’all enjoy tho.

I checked in once a day until yesterday when I followed the model thread from 12Z on. Sometimes I feel like we have too much information. This is a nice little snow storm and had the data not shown the .5+ QPF last night, people wouldn't be so bummed.

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

An inch here. Been stuck there for quite a while lol. Mostly pixie dust for hours, after a nice period of moderate snow earlier. Oh well. Some place has to bust big. The WSW and forecast of 4-7" is not happenin'.

Certain snow scenarios yield big results for most of us but this is not one of them.  We need that juicy Miller A with HP to the north...second might be a bowling ball clipper...third perhaps an over running scenario with copious moisture.  This set up with screaming jet stream and multiple LPs not so much for us.  There will be others hopefully.  It's the MA so every flake is a gift.  It looks like there isn't much more to come but this was fun.

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I’m just going to say it. I have lost complete interest in this. Y’all enjoy tho.

It’s mostly boring but my expectations were low. Temps just a bit too warm to be more than conversational but still a serviceable early season event.

Archived